Acquired broken tablet to fix - Capacitive 7" A13 Android 4.0 tablet - help?

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
What if I used this crazy glue gel on that electrical tape (I bought the better tape, a 5 - piece/color roll that brother in law used) and then applied the tape onto the shrink tubing to seal it onto the soldered wires?

EDIT - look

will this fulfill my needs?

you could probably do that, but its getting a little shady. honestly, a lot of the tape generally available is junk, heat will actually soften the bonding agent and it will become loose. if you wanted to use tape, i would go with this Scotch 3/4 in. x 66 ft. #35 White Electrical Tape-10828-BA-10 at The Home Depot it comes in different colors, but the key thing is to get scotch #33 or #35. the others offer inferior durability and resistance to heat and cold. although with any tape, if you put too much pressure on it, even if there is no movement, its possible the joint will press through over time. this is why the shrink tube is favored, its thicker and more durable.

as for the glue, i think that will be fine, its really doing very little work, compared to what its capable of.

OP
A

ABZ

Reaction score
Ok, I bought the krazy glue from walmart and this electrical tape from home depot, and today I've removed the bad (with the missing power/volume buttons) mobo from the original tab's display unit. Now I have questions:

first, I cut this video cable with that pair of pliers here and after I snipped the cable, it turned out that this cable wasn't metal as I previously thought, but kind of plastic. How could this be?

I hope i did not ruin this cable in any way.

second, here is the broken mobo and I pulled the gold tape-type of connectors that were attaching the video apparatus to this mobo out of what I thought were the conventional (white connectors on mobo) mobo sockets (like a HDD data ribbon connects on a PC mobo) - did I do the right thing?

also what is that short gold ribbon sticking up on the mobo(I disconnected this by simply using the curved tweezers from my ipod toolkit to pull off the black tape that was holding it to the display unit/plastic shell (again did I do the right thing)?

third, here is another view of the original tablet (with good display screen/missing power/volume buttons) with mobo removed

and here is a closeup of the display unit after removal of mobo

how does everything look so far?

I hope I did not ruin anything in doing this whole job today (before I continue with the soldering, etc)?

fourth, since the display cable turned out to be plastic, how do I connect it so it'll work once the new mobo (from 2nd tab w/cracked screen)?

Attachments

• video cable not metal but plastic.JPG
    video cable not metal but plastic.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 209
  • Pliers.jpg
    Pliers.jpg
    339.8 KB · Views: 199
  • the broken mobo.JPG
    the broken mobo.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 326
  • another view.JPG
    another view.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 177
  • closeup of good display screen.JPG
    closeup of good display screen.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 316

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Ok, I bought the krazy glue from walmart and this electrical tape from home depot, and today I've removed the bad (with the missing power/volume buttons) mobo from the original tab's display unit. Now I have questions:

first, I cut this video cable with that pair of pliers here and after I snipped the cable, it turned out that this cable wasn't metal as I previously thought, but kind of plastic. How could this be?

I hope i did not ruin this cable in any way.

second, here is the broken mobo and I pulled the gold tape-type of connectors that were attaching the video apparatus to this mobo out of what I thought were the conventional (white connectors on mobo) mobo sockets (like a HDD data ribbon connects on a PC mobo) - did I do the right thing?

also what is that short gold ribbon sticking up on the mobo(I disconnected this by simply using the curved tweezers from my ipod toolkit to pull off the black tape that was holding it to the display unit/plastic shell (again did I do the right thing)?

third, here is another view of the original tablet (with good display screen/missing power/volume buttons) with mobo removed

and here is a closeup of the display unit after removal of mobo

how does everything look so far?

I hope I did not ruin anything in doing this whole job today (before I continue with the soldering, etc)?

fourth, since the display cable turned out to be plastic, how do I connect it so it'll work once the new mobo (from 2nd tab w/cracked screen)?

some of what you are asking is unfortunately beyond my ability to answer.
"first", im not familiar with the internal workings of these, does it have wire in it? solid plastic? provide some close up pics, if i cant help maybe someone else can.
"second", i have delt with these before, some times there a pia to re-install, i doubt you did any harm removing them.
"third", looks fine, i dont know what some of those parts are but ok lol
"fourth", i dont know, maybe some close up pics from the side and end so we can see good what you are dealing with.

as for the soldering (later), those black and red wires are what all this splicing was about? if yes, i wouldn't splice those unless there too short. they are easy to change. i thought you were dealing with some micro connections lol, or do i need a closer up pic?