I didn't receive isis until I got 4.4.4

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I disabled it.. I don't like Verizon not allowing us to use g wallet. Just my opinion.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I was going to set it up but you can't use it on a rooted device. I doubt I would use it much anyways.

tap'n on my S5

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
I am waiting for an update from her. She is a CPA and does not have any games on her phone.

Some of those apps that don't show an option to uninstall...can you hook up thru a USB to a computer and use Explorer to find and delete them from your phone?

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Tell her to make sure she's wearing her tin foil hat. They've gotten into her phone, next they'll try to get into her brain.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Some of those apps that don't show an option to uninstall...can you hook up thru a USB to a computer and use Explorer to find and delete them from your phone?
Just an fyi....a system and/or stock app wouldn't be the cause of this.

tap'n on my S5

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Just an fyi....a system and/or stock app wouldn't be the cause of this.

I agree 100%. Don't bother trying to kill moto or google apps that came pre-installed. It has to be an app other than those.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I was going to set it up but you can't use it on a rooted device. I doubt I would use it much anyways.

tap'n on my S5
Yes you can. Get Root Cloak under Xposed

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
So far, so good.

She went backwards, one app at a time and deleted those that were added or updated over the last week. She did not delete system of stock apps. The prompts have ceased....for now....I hope! :D

I did not get a message of exactly which one she thinks it was. As long as it stopped, she is happy.

Thanks for the suggestions and help. It was much appreciated.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So far, so good.

She went backwards, one app at a time and deleted those that were added or updated over the last week. She did not delete system of stock apps. The prompts have ceased....for now....I hope! :D

I did not get a message of exactly which one she thinks it was. As long as it stopped, she is happy.

Thanks for the suggestions and help. It was much appreciated.
If it happens again go ahead to the link, look who the developer is in the link and see if any of their other apps (scroll down in the app description it wants her to get) and see if she has any of those others by same developer. If so delete it/them .
Hope that helps if what was already done didn't fix it.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Einsteindks

Reaction score
You want to look into an app that can detect push notifications. Sometimes those spam apps make themselves invisible so you wouldn't normally see them on your app drawer. Or, it's possible her phone number was unknowingly shared with some agency that sending her text messages... but that doesn't quite entirely explain why they're coming through as audible.