Acer v Asus v Toshiba

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Having owned a Viewsonic Gtablet, a Motorola Xoom, an Asus Transformer TF101 and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.......the Nexus 10 is absolutely hands down the best Android tablet you can buy.

The screen is amazing, the 2 Gb of ram helps the tablet handle many apps with zero lag switching between them.....OS 4.2 is really nice and so on and so on.

The Motorola Xoom 32GB WiFi model was my primary tablet.....I was initially worried about the lack of an SDCard slot on the Nexus 10. I looked at what I did with the SDCard slot on my Xoom (nothing...just had a 16 GB card sitting in it) and the amount of free space I still had on my internal storage after a year of use.....over 20 gigs free. I have a ton of apps, just not a lot of movies, music and such as I stream most or use cloud storage.

I almost decided on a 16 GB Nexus 10.....but went with the 32 GB model since I had 32 GB on the Xoom :)

Nexus devices do not have SDCard slots...so it's not something they dropped, it's something they never felt was needed.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
$299 with the dock for a refurb???
Ooohhhh, that's tempting. Not a huge fan of refurbs, but that is an excellent price for the tab I wanted with a dock kicker... Thanks for that tip.

Stop trying to talk me into the Nexus guys!! hahaha
I will not will not will not buy a Nexus. Believe me I know all the pros and cons.

I want a tablet with huge storage space so I can carry my 12GB of music ON THE TABLET AT ALL TIMES.
It isn't that Google felt the SD CARD slot wasn't NEEDED it is that they can charge a premium for the larger memory sizes. Like Apple. It's $50 more for an extra 16GB... a 16GB SD card is $20. Boom. Extra $30+ minimum in Google's pocket. Obviously I love Google so go google go. But I am protesting no slot by NOT BUYING ONE.
But Google will convince you that you don't need one. It's obviously working. lol

Plus they want to drive you to store everything in the cloud.
WHICH IS FINE. I even have all my Music on Googles Cloud service. But I want it locally. All of it. And I want to put movies on my tablet with DVD Catalyst. Locally.
And I speak with my dollars. I am big on that.
I choose to support companies that give us SD Card slots.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Owe you a beer, my friend. After much hemming and hawing I pulled the trigger on the W00t deal.
It's just too good to pass up.

W00t!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Pere, think you will love it. If I had the $300 I'd be jumping on this deal. It has a 90 warranty, so if there were any problems, you'd definitely know within those 90 days. I have taken advantage of many many refurbished specials (electronics, cameras, power tools, you name it...even vacuum cleaners) and I've never had any problems.