1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Acer Issues Press Release outing their 'Liquid Glow' ICS Smartphone Ahead of MWC

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Feb 24, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Acer wanted to give us a full tease of a new phone they plan to debut next week at Mobile World Congress. Their new Android phone will be called the "Liquid Glow" and has some pretty good specs to go along with the over-the-top name. I half expected the phones to come in some bright neon colors with that name. Here's their full press release with several details:

Of course, at this time, we don't have a concrete release date, nor carrier info or pricing, and we may not have any of those things even after they showcase the phone at MWC, but it could be worth investigating.

Source: Acer - UK
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  2. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Well-Known Member

Very cool. From the pictures, it looks like a smaller Galaxy Nexus. I think it looks really nice and will attract those that found the Nexus too big. I would have preferred a slightly smaller Nexus, but 3.7 is a tad small for my tastes (especially after experiencing this enormous screen). :p
  3. Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4 New Member

And? Would you expect other wise? Vanilla Android phones are a rarity. If it came WITH OUT a modified version of ICS, then I would be surprised.