Accidently discovered features that ROCK!

TomN

Reaction score
if you hit shift then alt, you can delete a whole line of text with one press. Has anyone else noticed there's no question mark on the qwerty slide up keyboard?

Its rite next to the letter L

Why are people having such a hard time finding the question mark? That's probably the fifth time I've read that on here.

It's because they're expecting it to be an ALT function and are looking for the wrong color. It took me a couple days of getting annoyed because I couldn't find it to finally LOOK for it. It was a facepalm moment!

adam8ch

Reaction score
first time i fired up the google navigation was in my car with my droid plugged into my crappy casette deck adapter. the first time the droid lady cut into my music over the car speakers to give me directions, and then having the music come back where it cut out was a "Thats cool" sorta moment. Its still makes me smile even 2 weeks later.

RJNavarrete

Reaction score
When I was driving, I had my phone plugged into the AUX input. I was listening to Lil' Wayne - Let the Beat Build on Pandora... Near the end of the song, Wayne repeats "and the beat goes boom, boo-boom, etc." but I received a text right after he said "and the beat goes" so all of a sudden you hear "and the beat goes - Droiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidd" through my speakers. It was the highlight of my and my nephews' day. Hahaha.

volando

Reaction score
if you use both alt and shift at the same time you get some fancy letters on the physical keyboard like ¥ ç and some additional brackets...

mnksauce

Reaction score
i think you're looking for alt then backspace if you want to clear the entire line.

As an avid user of shift+home then backspace, i find this highly useful.

AnnDroid

Reaction score
Bluetooth to car stereo

I have the Droid connected to my Ford Edge's stereo via Microsoft Sync using bluetooth. No wires. The sound is fantastic. Playing Pandora while using navigation is better than the built-in navigation that comes with the car. Amazing!

jsquared

Reaction score
on the original subject when I pause my music and then take out my headphones the music comes out through the speakers...also why is it that music auto starts when you plug in your headphones...

xliderider

Reaction score
if you use both alt and shift at the same time you get some fancy letters on the physical keyboard like ¥ ç and some additional brackets...

This is the same as pressing the Alt key, then the SYM/Space key. ;)

You also get a keyboard of alternate symbols by pressing the shift key when viewing the 123 keyboard on the virtual keyboards.

Last edited:

dajakal

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has accidentally found a cool feature...

I was on the bus jamming to some tunes when I picked up my Droid to check my e-mail. I accidentally knocked the headphone out. Rather than blaring my music through the speaker and annoying everyone on the bus the Droid just paused my song. I don't know who wrote that line of code but you ROCK!

That's an awesome feature...but why doesn't MixZing do it?!?!