Accidently deleted Market

cubbies217

Reaction score
I went to remove Market from desktop and deleted the app. I really do want this app. How can I get it back. New HTC Incredible user. Thanks, :icon_censored:

Big Cam

Reaction score
Open the app drawer (center botton at the botton of your screen), find the market and long press the app and drag it back to your home screen (desktop).

it's not gone unless you went into settings and uninstalled it. And preloaded app's cannot be installed, like maps, market, stuff like that.

OP
C

cubbies217

Reaction score
re market deleted

It is not showing up in my apps drawerdancedroid

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Since I'm assuming you're rooted do you have a nandroid backup you can load? Or if on a custom ROM you could just reflash it.

Sent from somewhere...

OP
C

cubbies217

Reaction score
Not rooted

Sorry, not rooted yet. I haven't got to that part yet. Too excited about discovering everything else on the phone.:icon_eek:

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Are you sure its not in your app drawer? It is a system preloaded app meaning that it cannot be uninstalled without root. Try checking again and if it's not there, go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All and see if the market is listed (wait 30 seconds for the apps to load/arrange properly)

OP
C

cubbies217

Reaction score
I tried

Thanks to all who are trying to help me.
I opened the manage application and waited over 3 minutes to make sure that everything had loaded. No Market I did find Market Updater but the program wouldn't let me interact with it. ????:dry:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Ok I guess we need to ask......how did you accidentally delete it, and by that I mean what did you do exactly? You say you are not rooted but you cannot delete a system app without root access. This is where we are having a problem.

Sent from somewhere...

OP
C

cubbies217

Reaction score
deleting Market

I'm not sure how i finally got it off the desktop. I was looking to delete it as a shortcut on my dektop. I didn't realize that it wasn't a shortcut. I do know that I did not uninstall the app because I liked Market. I just didn't want it on my desktop because I wouldn't use it as much as other apps that I could put on the desktop and there wasn't room to add another app.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You are not rooted right? No superuser in your app drawer?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
All apps on your homescreen are shortcuts, except widgets. If you just drug the app to the trash it wouldn't uninstall it. And it always asks it you are sure you want to uninstall anyways.

Try doing a factory data reset. I have a feeling its in there somewhere and that should put it back on the home screen.

Sent from somewhere...

GolfProRM

Reaction score
Just so we're all clear, you've clicked on the app drawer (the button at the bottom highlighted in red on my screenshot), and the Market is not there?

bball1794

Reaction score
I am having the exact same problem, exactly as the other user mentioned. My Market shortcut is still on my homescreen, but not in my drawer. When I click on my Market shortcut on my homescreen, a little pop up says "program not installed". It is not in my drawer or my applications in settings. Not sure what is going on?

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
:welcome:

Factory data reset. It's in:

menu -> settings -> privacy

good luck