Accidentally purchased Need for Speed!!!

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I just did the same thing, accidentally purchased it... I'm confused though... Is it going on my bill? I never confirmed anything, It just said "Thank You for purchasing"... wtf lol.

kdkinc

Reaction score
I had called VZW earlier today after I saw my bill.
Explained it nicely to the rep and they took it off my bill.
I made the same mistake its a sneaky app that I thought came with the phone.
Beside going in circles and making screeching noise what good is especially for $9.99....
There plenty of free app that can do similar .

xMercury

Reaction score
To be honest, I don't think anything actually happened. I think the purchase was some sort of glitch. Until you see it on some sort of statement, I wouldn't worry about it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

kdkinc

Reaction score
To be honest, I don't think anything actually happened. I think the purchase was some sort of glitch. Until you see it on some sort of statement, I wouldn't worry about it.

Sorry its $9.99. I thought it was a glitch also the sooner you call the better

xMercury

Reaction score
Sorry its $9.99. I thought it was a glitch also the sooner you call the better

You've experienced this too? I don't understand how a pre-installed app can have access to payment options without your consent. I would think you'd be able to take legal action over something like this since you didn't even have a choice to install the demo in the first place, so you were unaware of the permissions being granted to this app.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just call VZW and tell them you accidently downloaded the game. It's billed directly to your account. They will simply remove the charge.

Although from watching that vid, at no point did anything that showed prove you unlocked the full game. All it says is something about unlocking car upgrades, and that is done via the in game "currency", not anything you are actually charged for. The thing with the X and checkmark was the standard "you didn't finish your last race, pick up where you left off?" message. The video could have been from the purchased version, for all we know.

I bought the full game, but the process made it very clear that I was buying something.

ttimmy58

Reaction score
Unknowingly purchased Need for Speed

It just showed up on my bill. A couple days after receiving my DroidX I remember playing this game that was evidently preinstalled as a demo but I do not remember purchasing it or even playing it again. Too late tonight so we will call Verizon tomorrow to try and get the $9.99 charge removed. Nice to know I'm not the only one this happened to.

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to me. It shows up on your Verizon bill. I called Verizon and they removed the charge.

ttimmy58

Reaction score
Problem Resolved

My wife spoke with verizon this morning and the first question was do we have any children in the home. The answer was no but I am not sure why that would have made any difference because it is plain and simple trickery in my opinion to have a game set up so as they told my wife when you go to the next level it automatically charges you for the game. Anyhow we got a refund so that was the good part.

tj1772

Reaction score
Yes, this game sneaky. I was charged twice for the game. I contacted verizon and they credited me for both. BTW I was charged as data. How many others are charged without ever knowing they purchased the game.

Riddlin

Reaction score
So for those of you that got the credit, the real question is did you uninstall the game after? :) + Is this game any good? Maybe not worth $9.99, but the graphics look pretty nice.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hate to say it but this is the second time in a week I've heard of Verizon overcharging people with "hidden" charges. They are in the process right now of refunding millions to people they have overcharged.

I have Need for Speed on my phone, I brought up once, saw it was a demo and then closed it. I'll take a look at my Verizon bill right now.