Accidentally purchased Need for Speed!!!

legaljoe1990

Reaction score
I just got the droid X and I was messing around with the game "need for speed" and then wanted to go back to the main menu and the screen popped up would like to purchase this game. i hit X. then i tells me to hit the right button (the check mark) to return to the main menu. So i did, then i says thank you for purchasing need for speed.[gosh darn it] what a horrible way to scheme you into buying something. a simple press of a check mark. unbelievable. what should i do? Do i get my money back if a call verizon?

Last edited by a moderator:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If it was a purchase made through the Android Market you have 24 hours to receive a refund.

OP
L

legaljoe1990

Reaction score
tparker76, thanks you. but it wasn't through the market. Its a demo already on the phone.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Umm. I dono much about this cause im on a Droid1 and only use the market, but how did it just say thank you for buying the game without and checkout page. Even when buying in the market theres a page that pops up with all the cost info...

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly, how was it paid for then...mabye they are starting to implement the app purchases to your Verizon Bill that we heard about a few weeks back

OP
L

legaljoe1990

Reaction score
tparker76, contact on the game? I dont even want to load it i might not get a refund. Edit? haha im such a newbie on this thing i have no clue what i did but your welcome.

icculusX, im as shocked as you. I was so heated when it said "thank you for purchasing" without having a checkout page.

OP
L

legaljoe1990

Reaction score
WATCH this video. it shows it. [video=youtube;dDTwPKvzdWM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDTwPKvzdWM]YouTube - Droid X With Need For Speed Shift Game[/video]

i hit x, that didn't work. froze a little. then i hit the check mark. but this menu displayed at the end of the demo.

Last edited:

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
tparker76, contact on the game? I dont even want to load it i might not get a refund. Edit? haha im such a newbie on this thing i have no clue what i did but your welcome.

icculusX, im as shocked as you. I was so heated when it said "thank you for purchasing" without having a checkout page.

Dang verizon!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go to Verizon and show them the video, or do it on there display DX

OP
L

legaljoe1990

Reaction score
Ok thank you, how will i show them the video though? lol spell out the url for them on the phone?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just explain the situation and they should credit you...accidents happen

Reaction score
If I recall correctly, Verizon cannot give you a refund for this, it has to be done through EA. And EA won't do it. However, it should have given you a couple confirmations before it actually finalized the purchase.

OP
L

legaljoe1990

Reaction score
if you watch the video i posted on the first page, that exactly what happend. hit x, nothing happend. then i hit check mark. should i call EA?