accidentally installed 2.2

egobuster1

Reaction score
so i accidentally installed the 2.2 OTA and it got rid of my root and everything and to my understanding you cant root the OTA 2.2...am i totally screwed or is there away to downgrade some how or something and get root back

inessi

Reaction score
heres my question....
you were rooted probably without a custom recovery,rom, or any enhanced features if the ota let you update, and you desire root for what?

OP
E

egobuster1

Reaction score
no i was rooted and running all custom roms and stuff but was curious if my phone had been prompted for the OTA so i un rooted and re installed 2.1 and everything and it had been and i canceled it but then it kept popping up and i got happy fingers and clicked update on accident and didnt wanna pull the battery risking a brick

Insult2Injury

Reaction score
You could just wait a week and see if they come out with a way to root 2.2

Im sure it will happen.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's what you can do. You can use dmupdater12 to root your Droid to 2.2 FRG01B. Then if you want, though I wouldn't you can install FRG22D from P3 Droid. Now I have questions as to whether or not that is the same FRG22D that is a signed Verizon version but you can try it. If you can see Flash in the Market it's working great (if you already have Flash you may not see it). Anyway that is a rooted version of FRG22D.

If you want you can go through the rooting process again and just install FRG22D it's a complete ROM but I would feel better installing FRG01B first. It's up to you.

Get dmupdater 12 at DroidMod.org | Insert a catchy tagline here.