Accident

Dbaby66

Reaction score
Hello, I recently installed the JRummy rom for my droid x. The issue is that my backed up stock rom is missing. I can't find it anywhere. Is there any way to get the stock rom back without using an .sbf?

lemodular

Reaction score
If you used clockwork to backup the original file then it would be in the clockwork folder on your SD card. If you need to flash back to a current stock image, do a search for "maderstcok340.zip", download it to your sd card and flash it using clockwork.

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Did you rename the backup? Or put it in a different folder? if you did that could be the problem... If you did a backup in bootstrapper it should still be there...

OP
D

Dbaby66

Reaction score
No i didn't rename it. and i backed it up using rom manager and clockwork mod.

jsw6380a

Reaction score
No i didn't rename it. and i backed it up using rom manager and clockwork mod.

If you backed up using rom manager that is your problem. I have seen numerous other people lose backups through rom manager. Did you do a backup within droidxbootstrapper?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
D

Dbaby66

Reaction score
No I did not. But Lemodular's advice worked. droid x is back up an running. i will use droid x bootstrapper and super task manager from now on. thank you both very much.

pyroelite

Reaction score
Be careful when doing backups & connected to the computer. Even tho the device/sd isn't mounted, my computer still recognizes it in recovery mode & that caused a backup from within recovery to be corrupted.

Being connected also prevented me from rooting a D1 - wouldn't read the update.zip from the sd right after sbf'n the recovery. Tricky stuff...

from my DX