Accessory question

dirty6

Reaction score
Greetings all, I just picked up my first Android phone tonight on ebay...Here I come, Droid Pro.

I've already got an extended battery, and am planning on using a silicon cover for the phone. Does anyone know if either of those items, or both of them, would be compatible with this dock? I'd like to have this dock as I'm used to using my smartphone (currently a palm pre plus) as an alarm clock through the night. Appreciate any feedback there. Thanks.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004JX8DVW/ref=s9_simh_gw_p107_d1_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0J66W9E0B9PQGE0HAMS8&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846]Amazon.com: GSI Super Quality Desktop 3-In-1 Rapid Charger/Cradle/Data-Sync Docking Station For Verizon Moto Droid Pro Cell Phone, Horizontal Style - Plus Slot For Extra Battery Charge - Powered By USB Or By Included AC Wall Adapter: Cell Phones & Ac[/ame]

kjjb0204

Reaction score
I doubt it. The extended vzw battery adds just a hair of thickness to it's shape, and the cover will most definitely not fit on that dock.

OP
D

dirty6

Reaction score
snap. i really liked how that thing laid the phone sideways in an 'alarm clock style' AND had a spare battery charger built into it. reminded me of my old Treo 700w dock, with the spare batt charger. oh well.

any word on how well the OEM multimedia dock does with an extended battery/silicon cover combo?

maybe its time for me to give up and dig out the old radio alarm clock.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
snap. i really liked how that thing laid the phone sideways in an 'alarm clock style' AND had a spare battery charger built into it. reminded me of my old Treo 700w dock, with the spare batt charger. oh well.

any word on how well the OEM multimedia dock does with an extended battery/silicon cover combo?

maybe its time for me to give up and dig out the old radio alarm clock.

I can't speak for using it with a silicon cover, but the OEM dock comes with an insert that will allow it to be used with the extended battery. You might be able to remove the insert altogether and use it with a thin cover, but it may not align properly.