1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Accessing Terminal

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by doktabl4ck, Jan 6, 2010.

1. doktabl4ck

doktabl4ck New Member

I've followed steps on rooting my Droid, and I have "successfully". I never had to access or do anything in my terminal and I'm curious as how to access it. On top of that I have downloaded the setCPU app for the Droid, but when I go into the app it tells me that it does not detect any root permissions. The current Firmware version I am now running is 2.0.1. Is there a way to undo the update and essentially start over if I'm able to gain access to my terminal?
  2. dtrb

dtrb New Member

3. doktabl4ck

doktabl4ck New Member

Well I appreciate the help and I tried the link there on the next page and I get the error that the format is not supported for this phone. What should I do now?
  4. dtrb

dtrb New Member

What version of sprecovery are you running?

As long as you're about .14 I think, just extract the folder inside that file, place it in your nandroid folder on your sdcard, boot into recovery, and select backup/restore, then restore (latest).

Make sure you don't have any other folders or files in your nandroid folder (you can move them to another folder, I called mine nandroid-backup) and once you reboot you should be golden!
  5. doktabl4ck

doktabl4ck New Member

Well I'm not sure how to check on the sprecovery i'm currently running. As far as the folders I have on my sdcard, they are: agilefusion, albumthumbs, com, data, dcim, download, LOST.DIR, saved music, saved pictures, saved ringtones, saved videos, tao, twc-cache, google_maps_navigation, media, and the unzipped update.zip file which i have named update. So right now I'm at a loss right now.:mad:
  6. dtrb

dtrb New Member

So you've never done a nandroid backup then, that's why you don't have the folder. Mount your sd card, and create the folder. Then extract the file linked above to the nandroid folder your just created and shut down. Hold down the power button and X on your keyboard and you'll boot into recovery. Then just follow the steps I outlined above.
  7. forkup

forkup New Member

Sounds to me like he hasn't installed the nandroid recovery image yet.
  8. dtrb

dtrb New Member

Here it sounds like he at least can get into some sort of recovery image, but now that you say it, it might just be the stock one.

doktabl4ck, how do you get into the recovery mode? Do you have to hold the volume down button and x or is it just x?
  9. doktabl4ck

doktabl4ck New Member

I have to hold the camera button and the volume up button at the same time.
  10. dtrb

dtrb New Member

Ok, so you're on the stock recovery. Follow this thread where it talks about the custom recovery image, then you'll be able to use the 2.0.1 file I linked above to flash your droid.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...covery-framework-res-apk-custom-boot-ani.html

Specifically, this part:

Flash/Recovery image
    ::NOTE: This is not important atm, since there aren't any roms for us to install. However, once roms start comming out this will be how we get them on the phone. Additionally, I have left my link at 0.08 for stabilty reasons.
    Flash Image- http://cyanogen-files.carneeki.net/flash_image.zip
    Recovery image-http://www.sholes.info/2010/01/06/sprecovery-0-99-1b/
    su
    mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
    cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
    chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
    sync
    mount -o remount,r -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
    /system/bin/flash_image recovery /sdcard/use the recovery ROM in your sdcard
    mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
    mv /system/recovery-from-boot.p /system/recovery-from-boot.old
    sync
    mount -o remount,r -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
  11. doktabl4ck

doktabl4ck New Member

Ok so when I reboot my phone, it shows that it can't load the recovery/command file, but then it still gives me the list for the recovery, to reboot, install update.zip, etc. I fail at this and life. :icon_eek:
  12. doktabl4ck

doktabl4ck New Member

Ok so I have everything, on the droid I'm running 2.0.1, I downloaded a terminal app, I have the flash image, droid-superuser.zip file, ramdisk_extras.tar, and the recovery-0.10.1.img. Now when I follow the steps given I need to have superuser permissions, but for some reason I can't update them to the phone. I've seen so many different ways to do this that now I'm soooo confused. Is there a place I can go to find directions to getting the superuser permissions before I do anything? I don't even have permissions to use the adb.
Search tags for this page
booting droid to terminal mode
how do i access my droid dna from a terminal session

this terminal session is not supported on your computer