accessing SD card from Droid

TLDriver

Reaction score
I had my phone for less then 3 hours and I was able to find this out without looking on here. Umm it's not hard, it's common sence if you know a little about pc's.

You can take you "mightier then thou" attitude and go else where. Not everyone has the knowledge that you do big shot! This is not the place to belittle or berate people who are looking or help!
I am not taking that route but not doing a quick search on the app store or a quick search on any search engine would have answered it for the original post. But it was answered and asked again after it was answered. I just a little surprised by that. :icon_eek:

GaryMorrison

Reaction score
sdcard

I just mounted the droid on my desktop and I can see some disk (it says 14.9 gb) in my computer. I can drag some jpegs over, but astro tells me the disk is empty.

Am I seeing the Droid memory or sd card in my computer?

The current files include backups, DCIM, Foxnote, GDocs, google-maps_navigation
LOST.DIR, tmp, where.

Thanks

Gary

stuhasdroid

Reaction score
Copying files to your Droid

Gary,

What you do is connect the Droid to your pc via the micro USB which is what you've done. You need to choose to 'mount the Droid' when prompted on the Droid.

Navigate to the Droid from the Windows file explorer and copy between the two. This thread will help or there are others under FAQ.

Have a good day,

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-files-my-computer-my-phones-memory-card.html

Reaction score
any File explorer will do the trick. Go to your markets app and download one. I would recommend Astro ive used nothing but that.

bastosero

Reaction score
I just mounted the droid on my desktop and I can see some disk (it says 14.9 gb) in my computer. I can drag some jpegs over, but astro tells me the disk is empty.

Am I seeing the Droid memory or sd card in my computer?

The current files include backups, DCIM, Foxnote, GDocs, google-maps_navigation
LOST.DIR, tmp, where.

Thanks

Gary

After you have transferred all the files that you need to, you need to unmount the SD card so you can view the files with ASTRO on your Droid.