accessing SD card from Droid

katidid700

Reaction score
Ok, my question will show my lack of knowledge of the droid. I plug the droid into the computer with the USB - so far so good. I can mount the card with no problem. I can move files back and forth between the sd card and my computer. But my question is, how, from the droid as a stand alone, do you access the sd card? You know, like windows explorer? All my other smart phones were able to "see" and manipulate files on the sc cards, but I can't seem to find that on the droid. Like see pictures or music other than through other programs. Am I the only one with this problem?

I was able to move all my outlook contacts to the sd card and the droid recognized them and loaded them into the contacts folder.

blackngray70

Reaction score
Are you following the link from your Droid?

The link works if you follow it from your Droid.

OP
K

katidid700

Reaction score
no, I am looking at this from my computer, not the droid.

Davison

Reaction score
Ok, my question will show my lack of knowledge of the droid. I plug the droid into the computer with the USB - so far so good. I can mount the card with no problem. I can move files back and forth between the sd card and my computer. But my question is, how, from the droid as a stand alone, do you access the sd card? You know, like windows explorer? All my other smart phones were able to "see" and manipulate files on the sc cards, but I can't seem to find that on the droid. Like see pictures or music other than through other programs. Am I the only one with this problem?

I was able to move all my outlook contacts to the sd card and the droid recognized them and loaded them into the contacts folder.

I am having the same problem getting access to the SD card from the Droid. Any ideas?

Silver Member
Reaction score

I am having the same problem getting access to the SD card from the Droid. Any ideas?
did you read the responses above?

TLDriver

Reaction score
I had my phone for less then 3 hours and I was able to find this out without looking on here. Umm it's not hard, it's common sence if you know a little about pc's.

OP
K

katidid700

Reaction score
I had my phone for less then 3 hours and I was able to find this out without looking on here. Umm it's not hard, it's common sence if you know a little about pc's.

You can take you "mightier then thou" attitude and go else where. Not everyone has the knowledge that you do big shot! This is not the place to belittle or berate people who are looking or help!