Accessing Remote PC using Xtralogic via 3G

fireice989

Reaction score
I understand how to use this app to remotely connect to my computers at home if my droid is connected to my wifi but I'm having a lot of trouble trying to connect to my pc if I was using 3G and being away from home. I'v researched about it and I tried doing the port forwarding in my router but it doesn't make any sense and I can't figure it out. I looked at the step by step guide on xtralogic.com but when I get to the port forwarding part I get really confused. And am I supposed to change the port number in pc registry too? I just don't get it can someone help me out?

phaze3131

Reaction score
just type in what ports it needs and whether udp or tcp or both. and enable it.

what kind of router and model number do you have?

OP
F

fireice989

Reaction score
That's what I did and nothing happens. I have a netgear WRG614v9. I go to port forwarding and I can add a custom service so I just put in a name and two random ports but it doesnt't work. Am I supposed to use a certain port? I don't know what ports it needs to work. Here's what I'm working with for the port forwarding on my router: PortForward.com - The Default Port Forwarding Guide for the Netgear WGR614v9

I'm stuck on step 4 with the xtralogic guide:
Step-by-step Remote Desktop configuration guide

I don't know what I'm doing wrong and I don't know what I'm doing right I hope someone can help me with this because it's really frustrating.

Last edited: