Accessing internal .ogg ringtones

posttal

Reaction score
Maybe someone could help me with a minor irritation I'm having with my Dx.I downloaded file manager and can access both my SD card and the internal storage on the phone.And after looking around I found the folder with the preset factory ringtones.I would like to add to them and modify some of the exsisting ones to make them louder and add reverb and other things...So I downloaded a MP3 to .Ogg converter which allows me to turn the ogg to a mp3 and modify them.Now heres my question.I need a way to access the phone ON MY COMPUTER and not just thru filemanager on the phone.It takes forever to do it all on the phone..copying.. pasting to SD card..then to the computer to modify or add..back to the SD card..more copying and then pasting back to the phone.I want to be able to access everything on my computer so I can drag and drop files.
Will the old Motoworks program work on a DX..I had it years ago..dont know if its still around and updated to the newer phones..any suggestions?
Thanks

dtsig

Reaction score
I have lookd and not seen a way yet. There must be a way through the sdk but ... nothing stands out. sorry

gunz.jones

Reaction score
Copy the folder to sd. Modify the files, put them back with a push or through the phone. Also there are adb pull commands.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
posttal

posttal

Reaction score
Yeah I guess I could jusr copy them ALL to the SD and then the computer and back again.sometime I cant see the trees from the forest.I was set on accessing the phone..
Does anybody know what the file extension is and where you can fine your playlists you make.The songs are all on the sd card..the playlist I assume copies them as either a command to play the mp3's..or ..what?
I created a playlist with 2 songs in it..and i
I'v looked all over for a file with those 2 songs..i cant find it anywhere.Any clues.
Once I find it it will make creating playlists much easier to create and add to.

qman66

Reaction score
you need to download android commander. this does exactly what you need. access internal memory on the computer. i transfer movies to the 8gb internal storage. u need adb and that sdk crap. its a lil complicated. i recommend u watching it on youtube. thats wat i did.