Access Home Computer??

Wrh23

Reaction score
So I just seen the commercial that says you can access your home computer from your bionic and stream music and things of that nature....anyone know how to do that and care to list the steps to do so? Thanks a lot

dudeitsmattx

Reaction score
I think one of the factory installed apps does it. Not 100% sure.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Rjohnson3452

Reaction score
Zumocast does it. Just open it up and follow the directions.

OP
W

Wrh23

Reaction score
I'm getting an error message when I attempt to install it that says:The setup is about to be interrupted for the following reason:The JRE setup has been abnormally interrupted... IMAGINE THAT! I've rebooted the computer and tried again to no avail....UGH!!!!!!

Reaction score
I'm getting an error message when I attempt to install it that says:The setup is about to be interrupted for the following reason:The JRE setup has been abnormally interrupted... IMAGINE THAT! I've rebooted the computer and tried again to no avail....UGH!!!!!!

JRE is Java runtime environment. You might want to try and see if you can update it.

OP
W

Wrh23

Reaction score
Thanks so much guys...finally got it and love the app!

tbell6

Reaction score
So has anyone looked at how Zumocast
works? ie: Seems like potential for it to be a big brother app.

crxlvr

Reaction score
I use it to stream movies and documents from my home computer without any issues. Make sure ur java is up to date. And also your computer needs to be on and zumocast running on it for it to work. Plus you have to specify which programs and files you want to be shared.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Batman8

Reaction score
So has anyone looked at how Zumocast
works? ie: Seems like potential for it to be a big brother app.

I have the same concern. Does Zumocast work along with firewalls or do you have to turn them off and be unprotected to use this app? If anyone knows how to allow Zumocast access through a firewall, please list the steps. I'm on a Macbook by the way.

Thanks.

tbrand68

Reaction score
The default settings in the Zumocast server (what you install on your PC) opens ports on your software firewall and uses UPnP to open inbound and outbound ports on your router. It seems to send the public IP address of your router to their "cloud" server so the app on your phone can connect to your PC if your IP address changes... that's why you have to log into their app on the phone...
So is there a potential for "big brother" looking at your stuff as you stream... I'd say yes... there is. But this is my humble opinion. I can't find any docs that say the stream to and from their "cloud" is encrypted and isn't being watched for content...

I'd love to hear something from their representitives... I use it, but only to send files and some recorded tv to my phone. It works great!

Batman8

Reaction score
The default settings in the Zumocast server (what you install on your PC) opens ports on your software firewall and uses UPnP to open inbound and outbound ports on your router. It seems to send the public IP address of your router to their "cloud" server so the app on your phone can connect to your PC if your IP address changes... that's why you have to log into their app on the phone...
So is there a potential for "big brother" looking at your stuff as you stream... I'd say yes... there is. But this is my humble opinion. I can't find any docs that say the stream to and from their "cloud" is encrypted and isn't being watched for content...

I'd love to hear something from their representitives... I use it, but only to send files and some recorded tv to my phone. It works great!

Hey tbrand68,

Does that hold true for just PCs or for Macs as well? I'm on a MacBook and all I get from the app I'm running on my laptop is "This server is offline." I may be wrong, but it seems like the ports are NOT opening by themselves, so I never see anything (files, music, movies, etc.). Do you have any ideas on how to get Zumocast working on a Mac w/firewall and Norton virus protection? Thanks.

cbrmike

Reaction score
I keep getting wifi is needed to for video playback , it plays fine over wifi but whats the point if you need to have wifi to watch a movie. Is this the norm or do I have something setup wrong ? I can see my pics and play all my music just cant watch movies.