Accepted new update lost root capabilities

Mzamora10

Reaction score
Ive been playing with this all day off and on. I received the update earlier this morning around 3.30. Since then wanted to smash my phone at least twice. For some reason the update wouldn't take even though I was on a stock rom. Just unlocked and rooted. Nothing fancy since I have patiently been waiting for the update I didn't want to complicate my life. Worked through all those issues, so now that I'm updated, I have no root access. Ive seen mentioned that we should just rerun the su.update. I had no problem installing it and everything seems fine until superuser cannot gain root access, which renders cwr useless, so now i feel I'm dead in the water. I figured I couldn't be the only one running into this........

Please post any suggestions.....
workarounds......
etc..........

Last edited:

RiceCake2000

Reaction score
Oh no is this the 621 style update that the DX got where it breaks the ability to root? That would surely piss a lot of people off.

* I use one of the various tool kits. When you took the OTA did it relock the boot loader? You may have to go through all the steps again if you haven't trued already.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Which su zip are you running?

This one should work.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
M

Mzamora10

Reaction score
Thanks Syndicate i havent tried this one, but going through it i cant find its signature. I'm currently using 3.0.7, which is the latest one correct?