accelorometer unresponsive?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by TeeX, Dec 15, 2011.

1. TeeX

TeeX Member

Ratings:
    +4
    anybody else having a problem getting the auto-rotate to rotate quickly? Sometimes it will respond in a reasonable time, but sometimes I really have to wiggle and shake the phone to get it to respond and rotate (from portrait to landscape or vice versa).

any suggestions or tips? Anyone else have this?

2. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,638
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    yeah that's about the only disappointing thing about this phone, changing orientation takes awhile, but it's about the same speed as my Incredible so I'm used to it.

3. BenLand150

BenLand150 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +103
    Yeah, same problem here. I but there will be a fix though, the ROM I flashed seemed to help a lot.

4. TeeX

TeeX Member

Ratings:
    +4
    OK, so this is normal behavior? I'm not seeing any other aberrant behavior, so I'm hoping I don't have a lemon. But I'm also hoping that the auto-rotate comes alive a bit more :frown:

5. fox_91

fox_91 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does the home screen even rotate on the Gnex? if I put my phone sideways on the homescreen or the like the screen will never auto-rotate. However as soon as I launch a app the screen will rotate at a normal speed.

Am I missing something or does the home screens not rotate to landscape any more?

Oh looks like Launcher Pro allowed this rotating and that's what I had on my OG, didn't know that the home screen didn't normally rotate

#5 fox_91, Dec 15, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  6. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,638
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    Everytime I change the orientation, it changes, just takes a good second or two.

Depends on the person too. Not saying you're guilty of it, but my dad always tries to change orientation on his 4s by turning it like it's laying flat on a table. I tell him over and over again that he has to pretend like he's holding it up against a wall not rotating it like it's laying on a table. Get what I'm saying LOL? It's the example I keep using and works for him...

7. scdown

scdown Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I recall reading somewhere (can't remember where) that this was deliberate - a slightly longer delay to prevent little, or inadvertent rotations from twisting your content around. Once used to it, it's great for me - I think my iPad 2 reacts a little TOO quickly for my liking.

8. Liderc

Liderc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +45
    Yeah the delay + the animation makes it feel longer than it is, we'll be able to adjust it's speed soon.

Search tags for this page

samsung galaxy axiom wont auto rotate

verizon galaxy nexus not auto rotating