Accelerated status in forum

ltcalex

Reaction score
Recommend anyone who has over 1000 views receive accelerated status in the forum. And for over 5K, well, what do are your thoughts forum?

Zandar

Reaction score
I recommend anyone with over 1,000,000 views gets Thundara status, and anyone with over 10,000,000 views get Castle Grayskull status.

Natey2

Reaction score
He who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

OP
ltcalex

ltcalex

Reaction score
I have always been taught, it is valued giving others opportunities to excel adn succeed, i.e., the intent. The value of postings on this forum is shown by the number of viewers, even if they are just curious.

Natey2

Reaction score
The "Thanks" (not available here) or "Like" button (available in the web browser view, and maybe via Tapatalk soon) would be a better indication than just the number of views, I think...

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I have always been taught, it is valued giving others opportunities to excel adn succeed, i.e., the intent. The value of postings on this forum is shown by the number of viewers, even if they are just curious.
I suspect most members view a thread because of the topic with little regard to who posted it. There are probably some exceptions to that. I really don't understand the obsession some have with soliciting other members for "likes" or other "strokes". Members come here to share their experiences, learn from others, inquire about a problem or question they have etc...not to garner some sort of status.

Trash Can

Reaction score
I suspect most members view a thread because of the topic with little regard to who posted it. There are probably some exceptions to that. I really don't understand the obsession some have with soliciting other members for "likes" or other "strokes". Members come here to share their experiences, learn from others, inquire about a problem or question they have etc...not to garner some sort of status.

Very well said!!

OP
ltcalex

ltcalex

Reaction score
Intent of this thread

The intent of this thread was to provide just a little humor and then for many who have been on this forum for some time, the respect they deserve by elevating them to a higher level within the Forum. Nothing more, nothing less. My life has been about we not me and not self serving. I have seen to many people in our society looked over, passed over and and just ignored for very worthy recommendations. "His eye is on the sparrow".

SallyC

Reaction score
Recommend anyone who has over 1000 views receive accelerated status in the forum. And for over 5K, well, what do are your thoughts forum?

I feel like an idiot but how do you know how many views you've had? Or are you referring to a thread's views and whomever started it?:unsure: Sometime the initial subject line isn't that enthralling, but then someone brings something into the discussion that makes it very interesting and informative.

OP
ltcalex

ltcalex

Reaction score
Kudos

I feel like an idiot but how do you know how many views you've had? Or are you referring to a thread's views and whomever started it?:unsure: Sometime the initial subject line isn't that enthralling, but then someone brings something into the discussion that makes it very interesting and informative.

As a thread leads form one thought, it may just be an introduction to an unknown question a fellow forum member may have and lead to a pattern of other questions and or thoughts. The entire thread may lead to something even more indepth, curious, intriguing, educational, and perhaps even humorous. I only hope that our readers take this thread as just that - something humourous at least. Life is too short! SallyC, your comments appear to be on point each time I read them. Keep it up. :biggrin: