Accel Golf

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by LakeMountD, Jan 21, 2010.

1. jutang

jutang New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The Rangefinder is really the biggest thing that accel golf really needs to work on... that and keeping track of chipping.

I am intrigued by the skydroid app, but browsing courses on their website seems to be very non friendly to navigate. I was trying to find the golf courses that I play on and they only list courses by state. I ended up scrolling through 14 pages and only found one of them.

Zebug, once you use Skydroid a few times, could you tell me how user friendly it is on the droid? Thanks.

2. zebug

zebug New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That is one of my issues with Skydroid, the search function. The app itself searches for courses by name. A course I recently played in Austin was Falconhead. If I searched for falcon, it didn't find anything. I had to put the full name of the course, "falconhead" in the phone for it to find it.

There are only 5-6k courses mapped out thus far so chance are that your course isn't yet. Though, I really enjoyed mapping out my courses, gave me a feel for what to expect on courses that I have never played on.

All that said, once you have the course downloaded, it is very user friendly. I was concerned about battery life, so I had my phone plugged into the car on the way to the course to maintain a 100% charge. I ended the round with about 75% left. In between shots I just put the phone to sleep (or whatever happens when you press the on/off button). Then when I got to my ball hit the on button again, waited for like 3-4 seconds and then it had my location and distance.

3. gbouten

gbouten Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I used Sky droid and my home course wasn't in it. It took me about 20 minutes to get it set up no big deal. The only problem is if you are traveling and don't get the course set up ahead of time. I think as more folks use this app more courses will be in the data base. As Far as GolfLogix. I agree. You cant see it in bright sunlight and my battery died before the end of 18 holes. I can't believe that keep selling years subscriptions, don't waste your money.

4. jutang

jutang New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am now getting a constant force close on accel golf program v0.2 on my moto droid. Anyone else having this issue?

Search tags for this page
freecaddie
golf logix force close
is there an app to charge the distance on a golf course for
skydroid vs freecaddie

skydroid vs golfshot

ways to see phone in sunlight golf app