AC charger recommendation

Hermes

Reaction score
Hi gang,

I'm looking for a micro usb AC charger that's at least 4 feet long. Also, I would like the cord to be thin or very flexible. Does anyone make something similar? The included Motorola chargers are useless to me. The cable is way too short and the cable is very thick and puts a lot of strain on the charging port. I have an old blackberry charger that meets my requirements but looking to see if anyone else makes something similar. Thanks

Aerysana

Reaction score
Have you looked at the igo chargers on amazon? Specifically the multipack travel/home charger? Not the new igo green ones, as they use a usb cord. I used the multipack and it's got a retractable cord that is pretty cool. Also nice to be able to go buy a 7 to 10 $ tip when I get a new device and I'm all set. Can buy tips at radio shack.

Swyped from my droid incredible

OP
Hermes

Hermes

Reaction score
Have you looked at the igo chargers on amazon? Specifically the multipack travel/home charger? Not the new igo green ones, as they use a usb cord. I used the multipack and it's got a retractable cord that is pretty cool. Also nice to be able to go buy a 7 to 10 $ tip when I get a new device and I'm all set. Can buy tips at radio shack.

Actually I had one of those. I bought it for my Droid 1. Unfortunately it didn't work right with that phone, made the touchscreen buggy so I sold it to a co-worker. I guess the DX doesn't have this problem. Hmm...

Thanks for the suggestion.

Aerysana

Reaction score
Not sure about the x I have an incredible, kindle, 2 dses that I use it with, with no issues. Just go to the igo website and search for the correct tip. I remember seeing something about the igo over 2 years old that didn't play well with smartphones.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I grabbed USB 2.0 Extender from Fry's Electronic's (I'm sure they sell them elsewhere). The cable that comes with the Droid X is ridiculously short. This adds a 6' extension. So I plug it into the wall charger than my short one into it, so I can unplug short one and hook up to computer with ease.

Just be sure to match the 3.7 volts on whatever charger you get. My brother used a double USB port that plugs into the wall and his phone would flicker and the whole "unplug charger from wall to save energy" window wouldn't go away after unplug. I checked the volts and it was 3.5. He switched back and no problem since.

Reaction score
check out the rocketfish wall chargers at best buy - I have mine at work cause its longer than the stock charger. I want to say its 5 feet - but I will check tonight and try to remember to post back ..... If I get my phone back up running before I will post for sure....

OP
Hermes

Hermes

Reaction score
check out the rocketfish wall chargers at best buy - I have mine at work cause its longer than the stock charger. I want to say its 5 feet - but I will check tonight and try to remember to post back ..... If I get my phone back up running before I will post for sure....
Thanks, I was looking at the rocket fish charger yesterday when I was at BB. Reason I didn't buy it is because the package didn't state how long the cord is.

Good luck with your phone...