about wirless tethering for root users

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by doridguy73, Aug 12, 2010.

1. doridguy73

doridguy73 New Member

i just downloaded wirless tethering for root users and on the the main page where i downloaded it, it said i needed a root and a netfilter- enabled kernel. can someone explain to me what these two things are and where or how i can get them. thanks
  2. GodfatherIP

GodfatherIP New Member

Root means you must root your phone and gain superuser permissions, there are many threads on this site about how to root your phone. Once rooted you will need to install a custom kernel like the ones from ChevyNo1, Bekit, P3Droid, etc. then you can use wireless tether for root users.
  3. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

Rooting is the process that autherizes you to have complete control of your phone. It is the equivalent of having admisinistrator privleges on a PC. The easiest way to root is to use a one button wonder like Easy Root. YOu can search for it in the market...an app will install that checks your system to see if it will work and then directs you to the developer's e-commerce site to purchase the actual app. Once installed you open that app, click a button, and BAMM...you have root access installed on your phone.

Once you are rooted then you can use the new Recovery Console that Easy Root installed to install other custom roms of kernels. For WiFi to work you need a kernel that supports wireless tethering. I know P3's kernel all support WiFi Tether. I'm pretty sure Chevy's kernels do too. There are more. Just poke around their sites to find one and try it. If it does not work, try a different one. Some phones will work fine with any kernel while others are pickey.

These kernels also may allow Over-Clocking so you will see various versions based on clock speeds and slots. Start with conservative if you want to overclock. 600 to 800 seems to work for most people. Anything over 800 in my opinion is just showing off.

Nate
  4. justin82

justin82 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

read this than this

and welcome to the forums :)
Search tags for this page

enable netfilter motorola razr maxx

how to install a etfilter enabled kernel on droid razr
i need net filtered enabled kernel for rooted droid razr