1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

About to throw my Droid against a brick wall

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by benhar, Mar 16, 2011.

1. benhar

benhar New Member

Went back to BB 6.2.1 from PE 5.2 (Gingerbread is NOT Droid 1 friendly), and it took me two full BB installations (wiped data 3 times both times) and some other tweaks to get the android.acore process to stop crashing. Now today, the Stupid Zombies app decided not to open, and when I tried reintalling it from the market it just hangs. After wiping the market data twice, I now have TWO seperate installations of Stupid Zombies going at once, still moving at a snails pace, and my battery is down to 15% (usually at 70-80 right now). I have also pulled my battery several times. This is nuts, and I do not want to reinstall the ROM AGAIN.

Any advice?
  2. 1linuxfreak

1linuxfreak New Member

Go to Application Management and find Market , Stop application , clear data , clear cache , should stop the repeated DL . Try again with DL , had this happen to me once did this and worked .
  3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Why would that make you angry at the Droid? I mean it's the chance you take when you install custom ROM's isn't it?
  4. doublea500

doublea500 New Member

this is a problem i got a few times after restoring. thats whats causing your problem. follow the guide in the sticky about how to restore
  5. benhar

benhar New Member

Thanks all for the advice. Finally fixed it by letting both "installations" run their course (took about 45 minutes), then installed it again (the other two didn't take). Later found out that the crashing comes from restoring my game saves with Titanium Backup, so I guess those are gone.

hookbill, I wasn't actually mad at the Droid itself, I was just exaggerating in sharing my frustration. I know it's a risk from rooting, but that doesn't mean fixing issues can't be frustrating sometimes.

Anyway, things seem to be back to normal, albeit without Stupid Zombies because I don't feel like going back through all the levels again. One thing is for sure, I believe I'll be staying with Froyo based BB.
  6. skeptik

skeptik New Member

I ran into issues restoring apps with Titanium when jumping ROMs. I found that (even though it may suck) a clean wipe / flash, and DL / install of apps works best. Maybe I'm wrong, just my experience.

Also, if you are going to use any theme, make sure to clear the ringtones from system, either to sd card or delete. BB621 comes loaded I noticed, and could fill partition very quickly. Just a thought.
  7. Halo

Halo New Member

I've tried several different Gingerbread ROMS. I've had issues with all of them. My Droid runs perfect on BB 6.2.1 w/ the P3 Droid 1.1ghz kernel. I'm staying with this setup until the Bionic comes out.
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  8. zerosouls

zerosouls Soulless Droid Premium Member

Guys, please.... maybe try some other ROMS and Kernels? I have had major success looking in other directions.
  9. benhar

benhar New Member

Like what? I was thinking about trying CM7 when it becomes official, but for now BB 6.2.1 seems to be the best. From what I've seen the problems with the GB roms aren't on the ROM developer end, they are on Gingerbread itself.

Please keep in mind I wasn't complaining about BB, I was trying to fix whatever issue there was with coming back to BB from PE5.
  10. treefrog20012003

treefrog20012003 New Member

I'm running 1.3 from pete and living it. Sure there was a couple of bugs in the start but the apps have updated and fixed those.

But "WHY THE RUM?!"