about to root phone...stupid question

murfeezlaw

Reaction score
i'm about to use Gingerbreak 1.2 to root my Droid X. The version located here...

Root DROIDX Gingerbread 4.5.588 Using GingerBreak V1.10 - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

i'm a newbie and i know this is kind of a stupid question but i want to make sure this works right. Chainfire says to make sure The APK must be installed to device, NOT SD card. When I go into File Explorer it only shows the sdcard. How do I get the apk to the phone, not the sdcard?

OP
M

murfeezlaw

Reaction score
i'm about to use Gingerbreak 1.2 to root my Droid X. The version located here...

Root DROIDX Gingerbread 4.5.588 Using GingerBreak V1.10 - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

i'm a newbie and i know this is kind of a stupid question but i want to make sure this works right. Chainfire says to make sure The APK must be installed to device, NOT SD card. When I go into File Explorer it only shows the sdcard. How do I get the apk to the phone, not the sdcard?

i think i should re-iterate my question. how do i know if it has been installed on the device and not the sdcard? it probably already is but want to make sure. thanks

JustisLewis

Reaction score
Go to manage applications and find the app. Make sure the option says move to sd card not move to phone

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

P-Droid77

Reaction score
Download it right from the site to your phone. Then just open the app and follow the installation instructions. Worked for me!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums