About to purchase 2 Droid X's.....

texmaster

Reaction score
But the question is when? Verizon isn't offering much on two Droid X's, only buy a droid 2 (which I can't convince her to get) and get another phone free.

We both have Razor Maxx phones right now.

From what I've seen on here it doesn't look like Verizon is going to be offering much for the X's this Christmas season.

Any advice for the noob would be appreciated.

Yes both lines are out of contract, hers and mine with Verizon

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
New Every 2 credit??

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you're both out of contract and looking to buy into a phone that will require you to get a data plan, which is guaranteeing them $29.99 per line for the duration of your contract, (assuming 2yr contract with each device and that you don't have data plans now) , you can always point that out and mention the Droid 2 buy one get one deal, see if even they'll honor it with 2 DX's. Never hurts to ask.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You can try this...wouldn't hold my breath though.

If you're both out of contract and looking to buy into a phone that will require you to get a data plan, which is guaranteeing them $29.99 per line for the duration of your contract, (assuming 2yr contract with each device and that you don't have data plans now) , you can always point that out and mention the Droid 2 buy one get one deal, see if even they'll honor it with 2 DX's. Never hurts to ask.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
True!

Reaction score
Here is the answer you have been looking for.

DROID X by Motorola for Verizon Wireless - Newegg.com

That link goes straight to newegg for some reason. I guess you don't want to get the 2 either for the free promo? I mean its a nice phone, the D2 Global that just came out has a 1.2GHZ processor but IMO you are correct in wanting the X.

I would just go to the store and ask them if they can hook you up or some such with the Xs instead of the 2 but I wouldn't hold your breath. I'm pretty sure this whole deal is because the X is outselling the crap out of the 2 and I don't disagree. Bigger screen, 720p video, HDMI out, QWERTY keyboards suck anyway.

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
Before making the leap on the X, it's probably a good idea to head over to the Moto boards and research known issues. You may be dissuaded. The X has AWESOME potential, but it needs some minor software refinement, and Moto is slow. It's quite usable, but there are some glitches that can be annoying.

Reaction score
I didn't notice much if any slowdown on my x with stock froyo blur. Once you root it and tweak it with roms/overclocking it is very fast.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Before making the leap on the X, it's probably a good idea to head over to the Moto boards and research known issues. You may be dissuaded. The X has AWESOME potential, but it needs some minor software refinement, and Moto is slow. It's quite usable, but there are some glitches that can be annoying.

Are you saying that the Droid 1 doesn't have noticeable glitches? Nobody has ever put out a perfect ROM for it as far as I can tell.

Don't let some unknown critic on the internet disuade you. Get the X and keep in mind that if you don't like it you can return it in 30 days.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The X is a solid phone. I got mine last week and love it. I have no problems either. Just my two cents.
I agree with hook don't let me or anyone else dissuade you in getting what ever phone you want. If you don't like it just take it back. Its that simple.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk.
Thank you to those that have served and are currently serving in the military.
Happy Veterains Day.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1! In this industry, "perfect" doesn't and will never exist.

Are you saying that the Droid 1 doesn't have noticeable glitches? Nobody has ever put out a perfect ROM for it as far as I can tell.

Don't let some unknown critic on the internet disuade you. Get the X and keep in mind that if you don't like it you can return it in 30 days.

Barkleyfan

Reaction score

Had the X for about 2 weeks now my brotha. Not as pleased as I'd like to be. Sapphire 1.1.1 rom on D1 has no glitches I ever found, and it was my go-to rom for several months.

I recall the purgatory Milestone users were put through on actual bugs, and I get the feeling our X may end up with the same treatment. I just may swap this thing out for an HTC Inc or something. I dunno.