About to make a move off my D2

rollingrock

Reaction score
Hey folks

I have the option to leave Verizon and get out of my contract and pick new phone service due to a job change.

Really having an issue. I do like the D2 but don't need the keyboard.

I would love the ability to surf and talk at the same time. That said, what are my choices?

Thanks

RR

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think it will be depending upon where you go. If you are going into a major metro area then you can go sprint or tmobile, they have a lot of good android devices scheduled this year.

OP
R

rollingrock

Reaction score
wondering if I should go "month to month" until the Thunderbolt comes out.

Can you surf and talk on sprints network?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I believe you can with their wimax but I am not 100% sure.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think you should get an idont..er a iphone...what they do....do is phone and surf at the same time....that's what I hear anyway.

Plus you don't have to worry about all this rooting, rom's, theme's, and so on stuff that us poor Android users do.

OP
R

rollingrock

Reaction score
I think you should get an idont..er a iphone...what they do....do is phone and surf at the same time....that's what I hear anyway.

Plus you don't have to worry about all this rooting, rom's, theme's, and so on stuff that us poor Android users do.

I prefer the Android OS over iphones. I thought there as discussions about the Thunderbolt having that feature even though the network is different than AT&T's.

spoooon

Reaction score

It's not the phone, it's the network. CDMA doesn't allow talk/data at the same time, GSM does. Won't matter anymore I guess once LTE takes off.

OP
R

rollingrock

Reaction score

It's not the phone, it's the network. CDMA doesn't allow talk/data at the same time, GSM does. Won't matter anymore I guess once LTE takes off.

Thanks

does that mean a strategy would be to hold for the Thunderbolt since it will be running dual LTE and 3G?

maxnicks

Reaction score
That's the read I'd take on it. Pass on all the IwannabeaPhone garbage.

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
well 4gLTE isn't available everywhere. and if you don't live around 4g area then you cant surf and talk.. so the TB would be pointless for someone living in the boondocks or something like that :p

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Without having to email them. Is there a app that would load into the iPad as they are taken. Like tethering the camera to the iPad.

Im not trying to be mean here but is this on topic? Im trying to wrap my head around what your asking... are you asking if the thunderbolt has an app that can go to ipad? I don think so...

pego99

Reaction score
Without having to email them. Is there a app that would load into the iPad as they are taken. Like tethering the camera to the iPad.

Im not trying to be mean here but is this on topic? Im trying to wrap my head around what your asking... are you asking if the thunderbolt has an app that can go to ipad? I don think so...

Sorry this was sup post to be a new post.