About to kill this droid....

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Darkside34, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Darkside34

Darkside34 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So the other day my phones touch screen started freaking out. Assuming that I was touching it when I so much as breathed on it. Also the right 3 mm of the screen is dead, it wont recognize touch at all. I was runnning bbv.4 at the time and assumed that was the problem so I re flashed to factory 2.01 and guess what, it worked perfectly. (I thought it was water damage, I had to make a call in the rain in a semi-emergency situation).

So I went and re-installed sprecovery and all that ****, then went back to bb (v.05). The touch screen worked perfectly, but the phone was a bit overtaxed from restoring my programs so I let it sit for about 30 minutes. I picked it up, and FML, right side of the touch screen doesn't work again.....

So what is the likelihood of a program messing with the touch screen while it isn't even running? Has anyone else had this proiblem? As much as I (honestly )want to buy a new android phone.....I cannot afford it, and I'm to used to having a smart phone to suddenly go without one....

2. 2Ceedz

2Ceedz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I dont know much, but it sounds like your touch screen is going bad. Time for a warrenty replacement. :) Hope you like the Droid2, LoL, unless you have insurance and get 1 that way.

3. ndhill1976

ndhill1976 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, you just need to flash back to stock and use it till it fails. If you can't get it to fail on stock then for some reason your phone does not like BB.

I think it is a hardware issue though, and it will eventually surface running your stock ROM.

4. zerosouls

zerosouls Soulless Droid
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Try a different rom than bugless

Sent from my Droid

5. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Try out CM6 or UD8 or ShadowROM... they are all amazing.

6. Darkside34

Darkside34 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, If it does fall under warranty (I know I can get the os back to stock and the water sticker isn't activated) will they give me money off a droid 2? HAHA :D.

7. Parafly9

Parafly9 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My wife had same issues w/ her droid, we had it replaced under warranty.

8. Darkside34

Darkside34 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Reset the phone again. Its a hardware issue, did it with stock unrooted 2.01 and 2.2. So I guess im going to verizon after class.

9. B3y0ndD34th

B3y0ndD34th Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That depends on the stock availability in your area, if there are still come Droid 1's about or some that have been repaired and refurbished, they will send you a Droid 1 as a replacement, if the stock is low and they have Droid 2's on hand, there's a possibility that you could walk out with one of those.

Personally I despise the change in the keyboard layout and the front synaptic buttons take some getting use to from the Droid 1, but to each his own. Good luck on figuring out the problem.

I reccommend some more trouble shooting though, (after you make a back up) reflash a new rom of a different flavor, there are many here and are comparable to the stats BB will give you. Make sure you wipe the Cache everything a factory reset a couple times install the rom and clear the cache again, if you're still getting problems, try removing programs and see if this doesn't resolve the issue, but I'm going to say it sounds like a problem with either the touch, the lcd screen, or both :/

Search tags for this page
can't beat grx 5 sabatage droid
how to destroy gxr-5 sabotage

why cant i kill gxr 5 droid