About to get a Droid

ebobo

Reaction score
hey, I'm about to get a droid, upgrading from an enV. Is it cheaper to get the droid off Amazon or to go in store? -:motdroidvert:

Lucas5

Reaction score
Amazon shows that it's $19.99 to get the Droid with a 2yr service plan. That's VERY cheap! You'll have to pay $300 if you walk into a Verizon store (they give you a $100 mail-in rebate/coupon).
Before getting the phone from Amazon, I'd find out if you can still take it to a Verizon store if you have any problems with it. It would be awful if you had to ship it to amazon if something happened to your Droid.

edit: best buy has the Droid for $100 w/ a 2yr Verizon plan.

OP
E

ebobo

Reaction score
Yeah thanks, that's exactly what I don't want to happen. I don't want to get it outside of a Verizon store, and then have them tell me I can't bring it there if something goes wrong. I don't want to spend too much, but if I have to, I'll get it in store.

geedowt

Reaction score
i recently upgraded to a droid from amazon wireless. i'm on a existing family plan with verizon. no hiccups for me, saved myself a load of cheese just for shopping around.

and as for having to RMA back to amazon if something goes wrong. it doesn't really bother me personally. as i have had good luck with electronics in my life i never really cared about warranties. i'm a moderate consumer.

either way u choose pretty sure your gonna like it! good luck.