About to Froyo update.zip my Droid 1 (A855) I have a question before I do.

TengokuDROID

Reaction score
Im about to manually update my Motorola Droid 1 with a Froyo update.zip file in my recovery, but before I do, I got some questionssss. dancedroid

1. Will my settings remain from 2.0?

2. Will my apps remain?

3. If my apps DO get deleted, will I be able to re-download them from Android Market for free? I do have a couple of paid apps.

and 4. How do I root my Droid on Froyo?

Thanks

JustisLewis

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity how have you managed to stay on 2.0 all this time? And if you're using the update.zip method I would definitely recommend wiping data/cache first which will cause your settings to be reset and your apps to disappear. Fortunately all your apps will redownload automatically when you sign in to your google account. And you can find a guide to rooting your Droid in my signature

OP
T

TengokuDROID

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity how have you managed to stay on 2.0 all this time? And if you're using the update.zip method I would definitely recommend wiping data/cache first which will cause your settings to be reset and your apps to disappear. Fortunately all your apps will redownload automatically when you sign in to your google account. And you can find a guide to rooting your Droid in my signature

I accidentally bricked my Droid while I was flashing a new rom with ROM Manager, my device unusually shut off. I had to use the RSD Lite .sbf method to unbrick it, resulting me to revert back to 2.0, and lose my root.

Thanks for the advice, too.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score

I accidentally bricked my Droid while I was flashing a new rom with ROM Manager, my device unusually shut off. I had to use the RSD Lite .sbf method to unbrick it, resulting me to revert back to 2.0, and lose my root.

For future reference, hopefully this doesn't happen to you again, but if it does there are newer SBF files so you don't have to go all the way back to 2.0. I am not at my comp but there are some great root guides that will point you to all the proper files.

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)

OP
T

TengokuDROID

Reaction score

For future reference, hopefully this doesn't happen to you again, but if it does there are newer SBF files so you don't have to go all the way back to 2.0. I am not at my comp but there are some great root guides that will point you to all the proper files.

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)

Is there a Froyo .sbf?