about to buy the verizon droid

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by riz, Mar 6, 2010.

1. riz

riz New Member

i'm a former techie of he old school (60 yo) - pleasantly surprised by the civilized discourse here - wanted to be sure i'm buying the right phone which brought me here
  2. joeymoose

joeymoose New Member

The Droid is a great phone and there has never been so many Developers working on one OS to make it out of this world.

The customization and Root you can achieve with this phone makes it great.
  3. sboman_32

sboman_32 New Member

way to close to the equator for my taste...
    i love the droid i'm just having problems with the screen going blank after i end a call. any suggestions on how to fix this...
  4. docfreed

docfreed New Member

The Camera is a POS

Just bear in mind that the Droid is a great phone but the camera sucks big time
  5. Magdroid

Magdroid New Member

Camera doesn't suck. There are camera apps that are better than the stock. Try those. it is a good 5mp camera. Better than most phones currently on the market. And remember, it's a phone..not exactly a camera.

If your a Techie, and love to edit things, get into the bare bones of things, and experiment with different apps and software..this is the perfect phone 4 you.
  6. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

:welcome: to the Droid Forums. You're going to love the Droid, camera and all. Don't forget to visit our faq's page and if you have any other questions be sure to ask.
  7. AnneDroid

AnneDroid Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Whether you're an old or young techie, it's the right phone for you! Age is just a number; it's your state of mind that matters. There are hundreds of ways to customize the phone with free apps. I would think the 30 day trial offer is still in effect; so buy it, try it, and if you're not totally addicted to it in less than a week, take it back. Anyway, welcome to the neighborhood, riz!

:welcome:
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  8. cfinberg

cfinberg New Member

Camera's fine -- better than I am a photographer! -- and pix can be easily shared/posted, etc. I use the free version of the PicSay app, which easily allows cropping, rotating, etc., plus some fun things like captions. Have not PAID for a single app yet! Take that, Apple Store! But, may well try the PicSay Pro upgrade at some point (as it says it has lots of additional features like correction, collaging, geotagging). Lots of other great free apps out there, too!
  9. riz

riz New Member

thanks for the welcome - kind folks at the forum

i got it - spent some time figuring out all of its capabilities - i thought i needed to write here about problems but actually all were resolved nicely - i'll say this grudgingly 'am loving it' - the experience so far other than my clumsy fingertips or the not so friendly keyboard , has been terrific