About time new waterproof seidio obex case s4

SallyC

Reaction score
Wow - that looks great! I'll be interested in hearing if anyone has it too!

I found this review [video=youtube;LOcYrF9RmJE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOcYrF9RmJE[/video] on YouTube. They like it.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wish this was available earlier. I already have an Otterbox case. But it does look nice.

Beamed From the white sun in the S4 Galaxy.

jtcsifl

Reaction score
Curious as to if anyone uses one with a Samsung wireless charging back cover???

cuzlion

Reaction score
Obex and qi success

Curious as to if anyone uses one with a Samsung wireless charging back cover???
It did not work with the official charging cover but works with the stock battery cover with the little after market qi sticker type receiver ($27). Going the sticker route lets you use any stock case and keeps the phone thin. Much better way to go.

wricks

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got mine yesterday! Went with the black and red. Haven't had the chance to get it installed it yet. Holster is pretty sweet as well.

OP
J

Jackattack

Reaction score
Got mine yesterday! Went with the black and red. Haven't had the chance to get it installed it yet. Holster is pretty sweet as well.

Great let us know how you like it asap.

I am interested in hearing your evaluation on "fit", "feel with screen touch", "quality".

I have been wanting to purchase one but do not know if it is worth the money, maybe you could help.

cuzlion

Reaction score
obex

Great let us know how you like it asap.

I am interested in hearing your evaluation on "fit", "feel with screen touch", "quality".

I have been wanting to purchase one but do not know if it is worth the money, maybe you could help.

I just finished a week of hard dusty canyon hiking all across southern Utah, it survived drops, water, dust, heat, screen sensitivity is great, and the hundreds of photos are perfect through the case. It is a great case. The only issue I can see anyone having is it makes an already fairly big phone a little bit bigger. Not a problem for me but could be for some. Still slips into a pocket easily and is still very thin even in the case.

wricks

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I finally got mine put on and I have to say, it is an amazing case. Water proof, dust proof, impact resistant. I am impressed (not an easy thing to do). It is a little pricey, I ordered mine with the holster and added 2nd day delivery for $104 and change, but well worth it. I was going to do a full review, but it has already been done Seidio OBEX Review Pics, Vids and Written Analysis and a much better job than I would have done! My bottom line - if you want to protect your device without a lot of added bulk, this one is for you.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
A great case for all those times Poogling goes wrong.

Fokkerdmr

Reaction score
Got mine after reading this thread. Pluses - very robust, dirt and dust proof for sure. Standard headphones fit just fine, but there's an o-ring headphone jack extension cable that allows you to retain the water proof capabilities while plugged in. The size will take some getting used to, but it's far more substantial now with that case than it was alone. The only issue i've had so far is that downward swipes are harder to trigger. There is too much plastic above the notification area, so it's hard to grab it every time. Otherwise, its a winner.

Raydee35

Reaction score
I ordered one on Friday for my new S4 and I can't wait to receive it. I watched a few vids on youtube and I see that they tell you to remove the screen protector on the phone. I am very anal when it comes to scratches on the screen so I wonder if I can put a screen protector over the screen on the case?

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I ordered one on Friday for my new S4 and I can't wait to receive it. I watched a few vids on youtube and I see that they tell you to remove the screen protector on the phone. I am very anal when it comes to scratches on the screen so I wonder if I can put a screen protector over the screen on the case?

The case is waterproof, which means the case comes with a screen protector attached to it, what is the purpose of a screen protector on a phone that is encased in a waterproof case. By the way my S3 and S4 both have no screen protectors and never had any scratches on the gorilla glass, screen protectors are just a waste of money in my book.