About the Body Glove case

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by HiGloss, Jan 8, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. HiGloss

HiGloss New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    A few days ago at the gym, my droid dropped out of my pocket and fell two stories. It hit the ground, bounced, the bodyglove case exploded off, but my phone is totally fine. Not a single scratch.

That case saved my phone, and did a damn good job at it.
  2. mark729

mark729 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    glad that ur droid is fine.
    and what a nice BG case.
  3. stuhasdroid

stuhasdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Forget the scratches

Great to hear the Body Glove protected from scratches. I would have expected it to.

What is more impressive to me is that the Droid absorbed that kind of shock and lived !

I have the Glove and appreciate the grip it provides so I don't drop. And it keeps the battery door safe and tight. But anyway you look at it that is pretty impressive for the Droid to live through that kind of impact.
  4. TheOldFart

TheOldFart Active Member

Ratings:
    +27
    I don't really like the Body Glove case, but I doubt that either my Verizon combo case or the Seidio case could protect to that extent. I'm happy that your Droid survived.
  5. KdawgBRTNpod

KdawgBRTNpod New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    this makes me want to put mine back on. but i just hate the size of it..i can barely get it out of my pocket, and the slider is so hard to open and close with it on. idk if that is a known issue with the case or not but it's just too big for me :(
  6. nman316

nman316 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I like my body glove case. The first day I had some extra squeaking noise when I slide the case open, but now 2 days later all that noise is gone. I admit sometimes it is a little hard to pull out of my pocket, but otherwise I have no problems. Bulk really doesn't concern me all that much when it comes to the protection of my phone. Reading about 2 story drop makes me feel good I opted for the BG case.
  7. Million

Million Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I love this case. It's sturdy and strong... I don't see the Droid getting scratched with it on.

Its NOT difficult for me to slide with it on, the only bad thing about the case is its difficult to take the bottom off, maybe I'm just not doing it right?
  8. lumpysherman

lumpysherman Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I only use the bottom part of the case, the top makes it too thick for the pocket. Glad to see the Droid live to antagonize iphone users another day.
  9. DroidPDX

DroidPDX Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My BG doesn't hinder the sliding at all. You sure you had it on correctly?
  10. KdawgBRTNpod

KdawgBRTNpod New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yea. if you take it off it's easier to slide. when you put it on it's a bit harder to slide. im not saying it's physically hard to slide. im just saying it adds a little friction. for me at least
  11. BigRussDaGOD

BigRussDaGOD Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i have to disagree with most of yall. i had this case at launch and within two weeks the front kept popping off. not to mention if your phone freezes [and most droids do at some point] the back is a pain in the ass to get off. i returned my 30 body glove case at verizon store and got a silicone case for 16 bucks. has no problem staying on, a breeze to take off if the phones locks up and i think it protects the phone better than body glove case.

just something to look into.
  12. SSHGuru

SSHGuru Silver Member

Ratings:
    +30
    I bought it on the first day. I couldn't get it out of my pocket and I wanted to use the Dock which would mean removing it all the time so I returned it.

If I were ever to get a case again it would be something easier to get in an out of jeans.

13. Booch_21

Booch_21 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I bought mine when I purchased the phone. I like the feel and the non-slip surface. I know that I'll drop it at some point and I have confidence that this will help keep it intact.
Search tags for this page

how to open optimum9 body glove case