About the $15 data plan...

bd1212

Reaction score
When you get near the maximum amount of 150MB, will you be notified by Verizon that you are nearing your allowed usage and that if you continue, you will go over the limit of 150MB? Or will we have to monitor the usage ourselves?

harrellj

Reaction score
They likely will expect you to monitor your own usage. At least they have an app that will let you do so.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
doubt they would give a warning message. for every mb you go over it's to their profit, so i don't see why they would.

luckily you can monitor your usage from your account page.

spider210

Reaction score
My Verizon. It's in the Market.

Other than that nope. No warning until you get your bill and say holy crap why didn't I get unlimited and wow I am a cheap a$$

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
My Verizon. It's in the Market.

Other than that nope. No warning until you get your bill and say holy crap why didn't I get unlimited and wow I am a cheap a$$

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Exactly - Verizon will probably make more money via people like that going over their mbs than the $15 vs $30/month difference.

Last edited by a moderator:

ionide

Reaction score
go with the 29.99 unlimited plan if you're afraid of a little overage.

Lenagainster

Reaction score
Here's something I'd like to be sure about. In the "Official Verizon document" it shows the 150 MB plan for $15, with overage of another 150 MB for another $15. Somewhere along the line, it was interpreted to mean an additional ten cents per MB overage. Is it true that one would be charged ten cents per MB of overage, or will VZW sell another 150 MB for another $15, similar to ATT's package (200 MB for $15, but go over 200 by a MB or two and get hit for another $15)? Guess we'll find out on the 28th.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

DavesPPC

Reaction score
A Verizon rep told me it was a $1.00 per mb charge for overages. But that was a few months ago....might have changed since then.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's something I'd like to be sure about. In the "Official Verizon document" it shows the 150 MB plan for $15, with overage of another 150 MB for another $15. Somewhere along the line, it was interpreted to mean an additional ten cents per MB overage. Is it true that one would be charged ten cents per MB of overage, or will VZW sell another 150 MB for another $15, similar to ATT's package (200 MB for $15, but go over 200 by a MB or two and get hit for another $15)? Guess we'll find out on the 28th.

I asked this on Howard forums in the data plan thread since some Verizon employees are posting in it. I'll post back when I find something
Edit. Bundles only, no per mb overage
wified from a monolith using a slider