1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

About hdmi

Discussion in 'Liberty ROM DX' started by DroiDTalenT, Mar 1, 2011.

1. DroiDTalenT

DroiDTalenT New Member

If we can add blur features back into liberty using the toolbox, y can't blur hdmi be added back like the blur camera can?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  2. devortex

devortex Developer Developer

because...

Ok, really I don't know for sure, but I have my theories.

AOSP android has support for taking pictures, I assume there is a common api for doing so. Each camera application just interfaces with this api. That is why you see things like barcode scanners and such that can easily install on most or any android phone and utilize the camera.

HDMI is not necessarily on every android phone. In fact, it's fairly new. So I'd imagine that until hdmi becomes a "standard" for android then each device manufacturer needs to provide their own api and/or driver to integrate applications with the hdmi hardware. Since not generic hdmi driver exists, we need to rely on the motorola drivers which for one reason or another are not working on aosp/non-blur builds.
  3. DroiDTalenT

DroiDTalenT New Member

Good enough for me, I manage without, the roms are worth it. It will be nice when the hdmi works on the better roms tho.

DROIDX using DroidForums App
  4. jjj751

jjj751 New Member

Oh I see. What is the point of the camera interface on Liberty? I feel like it's a step back in terms of looks compared to the stock one. You can't even change the resolution on it.
Search tags for this page

add hdmi drivers to droid x custom rom