About fb apps from 4.2 and intensity

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by Forcedbyhatred, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Forcedbyhatred

Forcedbyhatred Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I'm using 4.2 now and the intensity theme. And what I've noticed is I am not getting the notifications from Facebook anymore when someone posts on my wall or comments on my stuff I've commented on. Is that cause its a different version of the Facebook app? Although it has chat which iswhen push notifications came to be If I remember correctly.

Edit ....
    I tried with both the fb from 4.2 and the custom intensity one.
    With both not getting.
    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

2. TMYINC

TMYINC Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Do you have notifications active in FB settings? Also the default ringtone for notifications is silent so make sure you change it to something else. Vibrate and LED options are off by default too so you may want to activate those in settings. If that is all good then I am not sure what is wrong atm, but I will keep looking into it.

3. Forcedbyhatred

Forcedbyhatred Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have them active but I did some reading and I'm not sure but it seems they pulled it. After some digging they look like they fixed the chat portion but did something to the notifications. They can't seem to make a good fb app can they

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

4. TMYINC

TMYINC Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I hear ya there! I was assuming you had done all of that but I figured I would check. I have had some luck lately with Tweetdeck as far as Twitter and Facebook. The main FB and Twitter apps I use a lot, but I don't worry about notifications though so it doesn't bother me. Tweetdeck does do a good job of notifying you though. I use all 3 together for that purpose.

Edit: Plus I can't give up the intensity themed FB. It just looks too damn good! ;)

5. JayR_

JayR_ Theme Developer Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +4
    my notifications from facebook since they put chat in have been spotty at best, themed, stock, any rom any theme

6. TMYINC

TMYINC Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Oh yeah Ive noticed that too. I don't use the chat too much, but when I do I usually have my phone in hand and don't notice the notifications too much. But yeah you're right, it happens no matter what rom/theme you are using.

Search tags for this page

fb apps