Ability to cancel a text message before it completes sending

Ryzearia

Reaction score
I've been tinkering with my new droid for a few days now, and i've been unable to find a way to cancel a text once i've started sending it, I couldn't catch any keywords on the search function that expressed what I was looking for.

I don't particularly plan on second guessing my texts often but occasionally i'll notice a last minute typo or somesuch that I'd like to be able to fix and send a new message.

arty2hottie

Reaction score
I hope you can. I do that all the time. The worst is when you accidentally send one to the wrong person and realize it as the message is saying sending.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I use Handcent and AFAIK there is no way to cancel a txt on it....

so no drunk texting

thesandman51

Reaction score
i dont know of any phone that can cancel a text once it starts sending.

I could on My LG Voyager (what I had before the Droid). In fact, I did it quite a few times on accident.

All you had to do was hit end while it end "sending message" and it would cancel it.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
i dont know of any phone that can cancel a text once it starts sending.

I could on My LG Voyager (what I had before the Droid). In fact, I did it quite a few times on accident.

All you had to do was hit end while it end "sending message" and it would cancel it.

No End button on the Droid....

thesandman51

Reaction score
OP
R

Ryzearia

Reaction score
Yeah, my dare worked the same way, end and we'd be good....I'll second the accidentally send to the wrong person/drunk text scenarios.

ajc1226

Reaction score
canceling a msg befoer it completes send....

So seems as if there is no solution here then? I too am looking for the function that allows me to cancel a text before send completion! I have benn able to on all other phones but it doesn't seem this phone has the ability I guess!