A955 - start from scratch challenge - post water damage restoration

bnwkeys

Reaction score
OK, so this is an interesting challenge. I've read quite a few threads for people who are having a similar problem but everything I've tried so far is not working.

The story of the phone is that I am borrowing it from a smartphone repair store to see if I can fix it. Somebody had brought it to them with water damage and they put it through their water damage cleaning process. Once put back together, the phone turns on but doesn't go past the motologo. They thought the hardware was fried and bought it from the poor sap I guess for the extra parts. Well I figured, the hardware seems to be working but it seems that the firmware was corrupted and so it probably needs to be flashed. I checked to see if bootloader comes up, indeed it does, "2C.7C". However, I can't seem to get into recovery mode.

I read up online on how to revert to stock. I've downloaded the latest moto usb drivers and RSDLite 4.9. I've tried a couple of different D2 SBFs, and also "BL_D235_cdma_droid2_Consumer_replacer_HSPart.sbf" Regardless of what I do, I get the same error which says "critical error: 1337 510B", which I think is motocode for "you're f*****, newb"

So, I'm looking at the information of the phone through RSDLite, and I will post that here:

IMEI/ESN/MEID: N / A
Technology: N / A
Software Version: N / A
Flex Version: N / A
Bootloader Version: v0x002C7C
DRM Version: N / A
AP Die ID: 1b80000b8b880304000000000400
BP Die ID: 0000000000000000000000000000
AP Public ID: ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
BP Public ID: 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000

and under the model column it says "SE Flash OMAP3430 MI"
I'm using windows XP and I have full admin rights. I'm pretty sure I have the sticker with all the MEID num and whatnot. I'm just not sure on what is the best way to proceed at this point? Could it be that the phone's memory is damaged and so there's no point? Or does it sound like this is savable?

OP
B

bnwkeys

Reaction score
Grr, still having trouble

It seems that, in everything I've read, nobody really knows what 1337 510b means. I've read to try multiple SBFs because you could have a corrupt one, close all apps when using RSD lite, put sbf in C or in Documents etc., reinstall USB drivers, and don't use RSD lite.

Well, right now I've been trying without an SD Card in the phone, I don't see why I would need it.
Do I need working recovery in order to SBF? I wouldn't think so since the recovery is a modification on the bootloader and they are separate utilities.
Should I wipe all data on the phone before I can SBF? If so how can I do that when there is no working OS and I can't access recovery mode?

So I'm going to try two more things before I come to a dead end again but I need some help.
A. I've redownloaded the TBH full 2.3.2 SBF and will try with that, hopefully it shouldn't be corrupt.
B. I'm getting sick of RSD Lite and want to try some alternatives. I've heard the best method is to use a Linux bootloader app as an iso. Does anyone know where I can find a Linux SBF iso for Droid2?

OP
B

bnwkeys

Reaction score
another question

can i use 1KDStazOG.iso with the D2? It SBFs FRG22D