A855 Stuck on Air Plane Mode/No Service

Joseph61189

Reaction score
I did my fair share of searching, went down to Verizon, and spent 40mins on the phone with Motorola. No success. This is what the issue entails.

As I stated, I have a Motorola Droid and at the time was running Froyo, also, I never rooted my device. My phone worked fine this morning. I made a call, half way into the call my phone reset it self. Got pretty used to this so thought nothing of it. Booted back up, was stuck on Air Plane Mode. Not thinking much about it, I went into settings and went to deselect the option, however, it was not selected. After messing around with it, I gave up and started some searching. I only came up with running RSD Lite and taking it down to stock. I had to run it twice. The first time I ended up with a corrupted code. The second time it worked fine. This did not solve the problem however. I checked my About Phone Status and noticed everything said "Unknown". The only thing that showed up correctly was the "Up Time", "Battery Status", and "Battery Level". Everything like the date and time is wrong and I cannot activate my google accounts even with WiFi enabled (yes WiFi still works correctly). I proceeded to take my phone into Verizon. They tried their methods, nothing worked. I was given the Motorola tech line number and all they had me do was the factory reset and trying to turn the phone off and on out of Air Plane Mode. I will mention that once I factory reset my phone it was not in Air Plane Mode, but when I reset the phone it would go right back to it. Please can someone help me out?

Sorry for the long read, just trying to make sure I get all my bases covered.

OP
J

Joseph61189

Reaction score
Just an update to what Ive tried.

Ran RSD Lite sbf. VZW_A855_ESD20_QSC6085BP_C_01.3B.01P_SW_UPDATE and still did not do the trick. Phone has no water damage, also still says MEID, Network etc. is still unknown. When trying to make a call it says "Not registered on network". Did some searching on that, not much help.

aluislugo

Reaction score
Me too!!!!!

having similiar issue but can't figure it out. thank you.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did you or Verizon try to reactivate the phone? *228 option 1. Usually the sbf would force you to activate on setup though.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App