A854 question

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by bluedrakonis, Mar 8, 2011.

1. bluedrakonis

bluedrakonis New Member

I found this site through google and this seams the best place to ask my questions. If this is in the wrong spot I apologize. I have a Milestone model A854, CDMA, through a small local provider (appalachian wireless) and have read many things on how to root it. As far as smartphones go I am a noob. Everything I've read talks about how they have rooted it with alltell, verizon, etc. So I was just wondering if those steps they took would work on my phone as wells as what would be the best and easiest way to go about rooting my phone. Any help greatly appreciated.
  2. jstafford1

jstafford1 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

You essentially have a non verizon moto droid. So the steps to root a Droid 1 apply to you. ROMs for the D1 will work as well.

Sent from somewhere...
  3. bluedrakonis

bluedrakonis New Member

Ok I've done a little more research and since this is a non verizon phone everything I read says not to touch the SBF or else I turn my phone into an iPod. So from the directions I've seen most of them involve messing with the SBF, can anyone show me some direction to root and update to 2.2 to where I dont need to mess with the SBF
Search tags for this page

sbf motorola milestone xappalachian wireless