a2sd questions

cu_shane

Reaction score
I'm a new MIUI user and hopefully soon I will be a new a2sd user as well, but I'm having trouble getting going.

Is a2sd enabled by default in this rom? (I'm on 8.26) If so, what does it do by default? I have an ext3 partition and it shows up under settings > system > sd cards and it shows 32 MB as being used...so I'm guessing something is going on.

How do I move apps to that partition? If I use the Move to SD button in App Manager, it moves them to the fat32 partition, not the ext2 partition.

Also, is the a2sd that is baked in the same as the Darktremor A2SD script? If so, should the a2sdgui app work with this ROM?

icebluemale30

Reaction score
you have to make a ext partition on your sd card then flash the Darktremor dtappsad-2.2.5.3 beta04 signed .zip then install a2sdgui app from market and your good to go

i did this on my Droid X on miui 1.8.19 but im sure its all the same
good luck

OP
C

cu_shane

Reaction score
you have to make a ext partition on your sd card then flash the Darktremor dtappsad-2.2.5.3 beta04 signed .zip then install a2sdgui app from market and your good to go

i did this on my Droid X on miui 1.8.19 but im sure its all the same
good luck

You mean 2.7.5.3 Beta 04, correct?

karri0n

Reaction score
Where can I find a version of DarkTremor's script compatible with the D1? I am able to find it for many other devices, but one for D1 Sholes is nowhere to be found. I am using Miui 1.19.2.0 which includes a2sd, but after installing apps to sd I am seeing an error saying insufficient space when trying to install/update apps. I would like to flash the latest version of DT's script to see if there is any change.

Last edited:

mjh68

Reaction score
Where can I find a version of DarkTremor's script compatible with the D1? I am able to find it for many other devices, but one for D1 Sholes is nowhere to be found. I am using Miui 1.19.2.0 which includes a2sd, but after installing apps to sd I am seeing an error saying insufficient space when trying to install/update apps. I would like to flash the latest version of DT's script to see if there is any change.

I would do a search on xda developers forum.

OP
C

cu_shane

Reaction score

I'm pretty confident that the included version is the latest version. I think you can see the version number by typing a2sd in Terminal Emulator.

I think the main thread for DT a2sd is [Script][A2SD] Darktremor 2.7.5.3 Beta 04 [N1] (01/29/2011) - xda-developers