a2sd, market issues, moving apps in/out of system

Squadalah_man

Reaction score
mountain view, callifornia (home of google and the
So here's the down low... droid 1 shadowrom 2.1 p3LV1000 kernal (these are clean and its my fault)

Problems: updates won't work after I screwed with a2sd. Some I have fixed other I have not, beautiful widgets was moved to system but would not update and would not go back to data also I renamed it BeautifulWidgets.apk in system like how u have to make Pandora.apk to theme. I am too stuborn to flash a recovery :/ cause I don't want to redo kernals an stuff. Folder organizer won't update from a TB Backup. In root explorer there are XXX-1.apk and XXX-2.apk (some kind of copies as a result of a2sd) the market hates me :,( there is nothing in the /sd-ext/ folder.

Stuff I did to screw up: moved apps all over the place from sd to system, bla bla, also used rootexpoler and SUFBS to move stuff around and rename stuff so it would theme (never got around to that) TB has backups of stuff too recent to fix the issues

Stuff that worked for some: used TB to move everything back to data, some worked others not so much. ADW was in system and wouldn't update so I moved it to data and the deleted it and it reinstalled. Did same with BeautifulWs and no cigar but somehow I got it to work however in the widgets area it says I have 20 widgets instead of 10 and I still can't get it out of system o_O

Otherwise I'm doing fine :)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Restoring backup would fix it, yes, and doing so would take a LOT less work than fixing it any other way. You'll have a LOT of clutter on your SD card no matter what you do, though. Reinstalling a kernel takes about 2 minutes and you can even copy the kernel update.zip from within recovery by mounting USB mass storage. Restoring the backup you made prior to flashing the kernel won't cost you any apps you had before you did that, either. All you'd have to flash is the kernel and whatever theme you might have been running (if any) that you flashed after the kernel.