A2sd in SS 5.0

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by droidjedi, Feb 21, 2011.

1. droidjedi

droidjedi New Member

I have recently installed the Simply Stunning 5.0. I have partitioned my sd card with rom manager (512mb 32mb swap). Typed a2sd in terminal and says storing to sd card. What do I do to get this to work properly. Using the ulv 1.0ghz kernel on droid 1
  2. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

You do not need to partition your card to use this - if it said in terminal that it was storing to SD - it should now store to SD, nothing else needs to be done. Have you installed an app that went to internal?
  3. droidjedi

droidjedi New Member

I have been installing apps and they are going to internal it seems. I have total space 262 and available at 143, every time I install an app the available drops. Wait I typed the a2sd again in terminal and it said using automatic settings, than I installed another app and the available space dropped..
  4. ChevyNo1

you need to run a2sd again - until it says 'external'
  5. droidjedi

droidjedi New Member

It says either automatic settings, internal memory, or storing to sd card..(not external memory..is there a difference?)...I have been using the move to sd card feature for now..several apps seem to respond to this, but not the copy-protected apps..this will suffice for now...In the SS 5.0 chevy1 file system options there is the ext 2 3 4 and tun..none seem to load when clicked..says failed...for the record this is the best rom so far..i have been switching roms since February of 2010...tried them all...SS 5.0 is the best..Just want the external partition to work correctly..unless it is and I just lack the understanding of it. Also seem to have a problem running quadrant..can't pass the 8th step (video h264 codec) in cpu..says internal error..Maybe that is linked to the a2sd conflict...Just guessing!!!
  6. ChevyNo1

That is correct, storing to SD/external is the same thing ... if (in settings,manage apps) it gives you the option to move to SD - then it is enabled and future installs should also go there.

As far as the ext2/3/4 options - this will all be sorted out in the next version ...

As far as quadrant - I am not sure why that would be failing as it works for me. Did you happen to install anything else AFTER SS that would have fudged with /system/build.prop?
  7. droidjedi

droidjedi New Member

Apps are installing directly onto card as you intended. Have an abundance of apps installed on my device. Everything running superb. Thinking of buying a higher class sd card, maybe that will help with everything loading up faster when rebooting. As for quadrant, I switched the kernel to a slower one, (ulv 1.1ghz from the ulv 1.25) and quadrant scored me a 1240. Amazing!!!! I say! Thank You Chevy you are no 1!!!
    Can't wait for you next release...although SS 5.0 will satify my rom craves for a while Thanks again!!!
  8. ChevyNo1

Excellent! :)