Axium

Reaction score
It's borked in landscape mode

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
prowler85

prowler85

Reaction score
Whenever I use swype, the "select input" notification appears in my taskbar, does anyone else have this issue? Do do I disable it? It's a small gripe, but it's annoying me! Thanks!

Even if I re-select swype as the input, it still appears every single time I use swype.

Yeah, I think that's new functionality in ICS. You used to long-press in a text box and it came up with input options. It doesn't do that any more (it comes up with a couple other choices now). So to change input it always put the "select input" notification in your taskbar.

Mine's missing when in landscape but present in portrait.

I've noticed once or twice it wasn't there, but is now. I personally don't use it at all and usually turn it off in options (I just swype away and correct later). Don't know if it's a problem with the build or if it's working correctly. But something I can personally live with until a version for ICS is released by Swype.

It's borked in landscape mode

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Yeah, I mentioned that in my OP and again later. There's a workaround listed to use a different keyboard in Landscape mode. It's a sizing issue with the bigger screen.

moot

Reaction score
Yeah, I think that's new functionality in ICS. You used to long-press in a text box and it came up with input options. It doesn't do that any more (it comes up with a couple other choices now). So to change input it always put the "select input" notification in your taskbar.

Yeah, I mentioned that in my OP and again later. There's a workaround listed to use a different keyboard in Landscape mode. It's a sizing issue with the bigger screen.

Ah, bummer. Thanks for the info.

Also, there's an updated version with landscape mode working. Just go to google+ (you don't have to register) and search for "Swype Beta for Galaxy Nexus".

Reaction score
I've noticed once or twice it wasn't there, but is now. I personally don't use it at all and usually turn it off in options (I just swype away and correct later). Don't know if it's a problem with the build or if it's working correctly. But something I can personally live with until a version for ICS is released by Swype.

Oh yeah, I can definitely live with it as well, I'm just happy to have Swype back. Coming from a WinMo phone (Omnia II), it was the ONLY thing I missed having on a phone, and now I have it and can move on with life.. DancingNexus

Snow02

Reaction score
Yep. This latest copy is working great. Love it.

joosemaster

Reaction score
Yes! It is working great in both vertical & horizontal! Way better than the old version on my droid x :)

bitter

Reaction score
Does anyone have a working version of this available for download? The one in the OP does not work anymore.

OP
prowler85

prowler85

Reaction score
Does anyone have a working version of this available for download? The one in the OP does not work anymore.

Yeah, probably due to the fact that MegaUpload was shut down. :biggrin:

PM me your email address and I'll email it to you.

OP
prowler85

prowler85

Reaction score
Yep. Megaupload got pwnt.

Sent! And thank you.

Not a problem. And if anyone else stumbles on this thread, just pm me and I'll be glad to send it along. I know I couldn't live without it any more.