A working swype!

Snow02

Reaction score
I tried it a few days ago. But the word selection window hops up and down. Could not stand it. I'm waiting until it gets fixed.

shanimal92

Reaction score
I wish i still liked Swype. i loved it on my OG cause it was so small i could easily "Swype" with one hand. Since Ive had this phone i have gotten accustomed to typing with two thumbs. No texting while driving, Boooo :mad:

vanvalks

Reaction score
Thank you! Swyping this message right now! This is one of the major missing pieces for me to be 100% happy with the gnex. If i can't Swype I'd rather not text.

Anyone else notice how nice the glass screen is for Swyping?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Droid592

Reaction score
Awesome thank you so much now I can go to sleep happy, oh Swype how I missed you

Also I bet Swyping on the glass is nice but I won't risk not having Zagg on this baby!

Sent from my Unlocked & Rooted G Nexus

OP
prowler85

prowler85

Reaction score
Thank you! Swyping this message right now! This is one of the major missing pieces for me to be 100% happy with the gnex. If i can't Swype I'd rather not text.

Anyone else notice how nice the glass screen is for Swyping?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Awesome thank you so much now I can go to sleep happy, oh Swype how I missed you

Also I bet Swyping on the glass is nice but I won't risk not having Zagg on this baby!

Sent from my Unlocked & Rooted G Nexus

I felt the same way. No swipey, no texty. Was totally bummed when I heard it could be a few months. Then stoked when I found this! I agree, it was the one thing that made my Nexus complete.

Reaction score
Thanks for posting it up. This thread forced me to finally sign up on Google+, lol. I had one force close with Swype in landscape but it recovered quickly by tilting the phone vertical, then horizontal again. Works great though.

Shaneathan

Reaction score
Am I missing something or is the bar above the keyboard where I can change the word missing?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Shaneathan

Reaction score
It's not. Doesn't matter what app I'm typing in.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

moot

Reaction score
Whenever I use swype, the "select input" notification appears in my taskbar, does anyone else have this issue? Do do I disable it? It's a small gripe, but it's annoying me! Thanks!

Even if I re-select swype as the input, it still appears every single time I use swype.