A word about task killers and antivirus programs

Reaction score
I read an article that someone posted on these forums somewhere (I clicked a few links to get the article) and the article spoke of a different type of task killer called Watchdog that alerts you when apps are eating up your CPU. Just wanted some opinions on if this is legit or not before I install it.

I am glad I read this though, I had the Advanced Task Killer (yes because the lady at Verizon told me it was pretty much a necessity) and as soon as I read this thread and read more articles on it, I promptly removed it from my phone.

bigmak97

Reaction score
Sorry for my ignorance here guys but hopefully it can be fixed, the ignorance that is. I was told long ago that stupid is forever while ignorance can be fixed.
I am not seeing where to shut off the task killer, i have looked but am not even sure if I have it running.
I am very new to the Droid. Thanks for you patience.

OP
Tallica

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sorry for my ignorance here guys but hopefully it can be fixed, the ignorance that is. I was told long ago that stupid is forever while ignorance can be fixed.
I am not seeing where to shut off the task killer, i have looked but am not even sure if I have it running.

If you have one installed go to apps>manage apps>all>then tap on it in the list and tap uninstall.

bigmak97

Reaction score
Is the app "task manager" the app I'm looking for or is it something other that that?

Reaction score
You

You aren't ignorant dude. I've had my droid for two weeks and I just figured out how to use swype on my phone. I just found out yesterday that it was even on my phone lol

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
It still amazes me how clueless people at VZW stores are.
It surprises me that you're surprised. It's not unique to VZW. If these people knew better they'd probably have better jobs. It's an old catch 22.

conacher

Reaction score
I can speak from experience. I installed Advanced Task Killer on my D2 right after I got it, and after a couple days it started randomly opening things and going completely crazy. I got on here and read about task killers and the problems they made and immediately deleted it. I haven't had a problem with my D2 since

bigjonmoo73

Reaction score
Damn and I thought ATK was a good app... I just uninstalled it, hopefully my battery life will get better. I did see that it always had these random apps running that needed to be "killed" even though I never opened them up or used them.