A welcome thread?

izzfizzleyo

Reaction score
Hi, I currently have a black berry curve blahhh
However I'm about the be the proud owed of a droid 2!

Some questions I have, what's the differince between the droid 2 and the droid 2 global? (other then the fact that the droid two global has global capabilities)
I bought the droid 2 off e-bay and it says it's mod a855 2.0
What does the 2.0 mean and the mod is just the model right?

Thankyou! -iz:happy3:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi, I currently have a black berry curve blahhh
However I'm about the be the proud owed of a droid 2!

Some questions I have, what's the differince between the droid 2 and the droid 2 global? (other then the fact that the droid two global has global capabilities)
I bought the droid 2 off e-bay and it says it's mod a855 2.0
What does the 2.0 mean and the mod is just the model right?

Thankyou! -iz:happy3:

Just so happens I still have a D2 right here at my computer. :welcome: to the Droid Forums. The model of a Droid 2 is Droid 2. Hate to be the bearer of bad news but I also have the box to my original Droid and I knew that number you gave me sounded familiar. That is not a D2 you purchased. That's the original Droid.

Plus side of that however is it comes with a 16 gb memory chip unless they ripped you off and stuck an 8gb chip in there. But slower processor and it doesn't run Gingerbread, it runs Froyo I think and that's it. That means you are not even close to the latest OS.

The only real difference between the D2 and D2G is one is global and I believe D2G may have a slightly faster processor. That's it. I'd cancel that deal if I were you. How much did you pay?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not to further rain on your parade that 2.0 is the original Droid's OS. That however should update upon activation. If you have already spent your cash try and get the ESN from the seller. Call Verizon and ask if the ESN is a good number. Good luck.

OP
I

izzfizzleyo

Reaction score
Just so happens I still have a D2 right here at my computer. :welcome: to the Droid Forums. The model of a Droid 2 is Droid 2. Hate to be the bearer of bad news but I also have the box to my original Droid and I knew that number you gave me sounded familiar. That is not a D2 you purchased. That's the original Droid.

Plus side of that however is it comes with a 16 gb memory chip unless they ripped you off and stuck an 8gb chip in there. But slower processor and it doesn't run Gingerbread, it runs Froyo I think and that's it. That means you are not even close to the latest OS.

The only real difference between the D2 and D2G is one is global and I believe D2G may have a slightly faster processor. That's it. I'd cancel that deal if I were you. How much did you pay?

Omg you have got to be kidding me -_____-
I'm gonna be canceling it now that I know!
It was like 120$
Stupid sneaky people
But for the model for droid two I thought was like a955 and the d2g was a956?
I'm new I know gingerbread and froyo refer to droids but I haven't the slightet clue as to what ones

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Omg you have got to be kidding me -_____-
I'm gonna be canceling it now that I know!
It was like 120$
Stupid sneaky people
But for the model for droid two I thought was like a955 and the d2g was a956?
I'm new I know gingerbread and froyo refer to droids but I haven't the slightet clue as to what ones

Yes you are correct, I was reading off my model number on my screen but the D2 is A955. And $120.00 is too much IMHO to pay for a D2. The D4 is out now, either way you'd be getting ripped off. I'd say $75.00 max for a D2 at this point.

OP
I

izzfizzleyo

Reaction score
Yes you are correct, I was reading off my model number on my screen but the D2 is A955. And $120.00 is too much IMHO to pay for a D2. The D4 is out now, either way you'd be getting ripped off. I'd say $75.00 max for a D2 at this point.

Alright well thank you so much for your help!
:D

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums. Sorry to hear the deal wasn't all it was cracked up to be. I hope you are able to get it canceled in time but you still pick up some sort of droid and come back to us!

And thanks hook for getting us all straightened out! :biggrin:

OP
I

izzfizzleyo

Reaction score
Welcome to Droid Forums. Sorry to hear the deal wasn't all it was cracked up to be. I hope you are able to get it canceled in time but you still pick up some sort of droid and come back to us!

Yea I'm just gonna resell the droid and I just put in an order for a droid 2 global:D
You all have been super helpful +nice:)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

It feels good to be useful again. Keeping someone from getting ripped off was worth the price of getting off my butt and locating that box. My wife is always kidding me about saving my phone boxes. I told her see, I knew I would need that box someday.

Now that it found it's use it has found the trash can. :)

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Yea I'm just gonna resell the droid and I just put in an order for a droid 2 global:D
You all have been super helpful +nice:)

Great to hear!! Let us know when you get it.

It feels good to be useful again. Keeping someone from getting ripped off was worth the price of getting off my butt and locating that box. My wife is always kidding me about saving my phone boxes. I told her see, I knew I would need that box someday.

Now that it found it's use it has found the trash can. :)

I hear ya. I keep everything myself. Now I have to hope I can find a use for it like you have lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk