A way to bind the home button?

chron12

Reaction score
Is their a possible way to bind an app like itching thumb to the long press home button so it replaces the stock task manager? Setting it as default home causes to many redraws on launcherpro. Thanks in advance

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Have you tried this code to see if it helps with the redraw:

In a terminal emulator, type su and enter.
Then type echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 > /data/local.prop and enter.
Then reboot to recovery and clear chche.

I was getting awful mad redraws and after I used this code I have probably only had 1 redraw in the past week. Everything is loaded and super fast for me now...

Z

ZeroBarrier

That won't work in his case, as he's replacing the home app with an app that really isn't a launcher.

OP
C

chron12

Reaction score
Yea i used that code a few weeks ago and it works amazing but as soon as i set itching thunb ( or any other app) to my default launcher and then run launcherpro through that it redraws time and time again.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hmmm dang. Well if it makes you feel any better my ROM allows me to bind the home button and I was using itching thumb for a while and uninstalled it... Just wasnt as quick and useful for me than the normal android method... Maybe when it's out of beta with more options..

OP
C

chron12

Reaction score
Thanks icculus. I used to have the option on ultimate droid and thought "why would I ever use that?" Now I know! Thanks for the heads up on speed!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk