A way back to stock from leaks

johnlgalt

Reaction score
Has anyone here used this method successfully? I plan on doing it in the morning if I see the majority of people were able to be successful with it.

Me. I was one of the first Guinea pigs to try it, and I did it relatively easily. took less than an hour for everything. You'll see my posts on the rw thread linked.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

dags5000

Reaction score
Has anyone here used this method successfully? I plan on doing it in the morning if I see the majority of people were able to be successful with it.

worked for me but after quite a bit of retries. about the 6th time through something took and the ota took successfully.

reminon

Reaction score
So this confuses the device into allowing an older boot.img? Could a similar method be used for a custom boot.img?

Sent from my Droid BIONIC using DroidForums

mikespe

Reaction score
So this confuses the device into allowing an older boot.img? Could a similar method be used for a custom boot.img?

I was thinking the same thing...maybe they could use this as a back door to unlock the bootloader (or at the very least flash a custom kernel that can be (or already is) overclocked!!!!

mikespe

Reaction score
Me. I was one of the first Guinea pigs to try it, and I did it relatively easily. took less than an hour for everything. You'll see my posts on the rw thread linked.

COOL!!!! I want to fully charge my phone so I will do this in the morning!! I'm excited but a bit scared too! Which is probably a good thing since then I will be extra cautious!!!

kylo77

Reaction score
My Bionic is at 5.6.893...will this recovery work? Has anyone tried it?

johnlgalt

Reaction score

No, it does not confuse the device. You really do flash the stock kernel, but at that point you have a bootloader and kernel mismatch, and the phone won't boot. However, recovery works, and since all the steps together get you to a fully stock phone except for the bootloader, you're then able to flash any update made for the stock 5.5.886 build, at which point the bootloader and kernel mismatch should go away and allow the phone to boot.

The bad part is that when you flash the stock kernel you soft brick your phone. If you flash the wrong update (like that stupid 999 update), or some update that had a different kernel than the bootloader wants to see, you're SOL. permanently bricked.

reminon

Reaction score
Sorry my mistake

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
wseyller

wseyller

Reaction score
I worked good for me the third time. The second i somehow must have used the 5.7.893 update accidently. Because it put me at full 5.7.893 and i had to start over.

thetingster

Reaction score
Ya all the different leaked updates are confusing which can be dangerous. I keep each in separately labeled folders on my SDcard for that reason.

Mikeymaxima14

Reaction score
When you say stock backup, how exactly is that done? I made backups using CWM , but how do you make a stock backup? Im guessing boot into fastboot menu using power and both volume keys- but then what option is there that allows for a stockbackup?

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, it appears I got it on my first try dancedroid Now I'm going to wait for the official OTA, in the mean time, I guess I could put a custom rom back on:biggrin:

Last edited:

reminon

Reaction score
A backup of your stock rom, in other words before you flashed a custom rom, and of course your stock to. Would have all the bloat "vznavigator..etc."

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums