A WARNING for Galaxy Nexus potential buyers

MTsang

Reaction score
Well, I am not convince at all of your negative comments for the Galaxy Nexus. I have tried many smart phones in the past, I just got a Driod Charge for 7 months and now I am very ready to switch to Nexus. I would like to be the judge of the pros and cons.

Everyone needs is different, for instance, I hate talking on the phone cuz I talk enough at work so bascially I will use it most for email, games and entertainment. However, I will never return a phone the same day. If the phone was really that bad, I would give it another chance to exchange a same one.

The moto razr is a charm but that would not be my choice bcuz the battery can not be remove (I usually carry extra battery for every phone I own). Good luck with your phone.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using DroidForums

OP
R

Rampant

Reaction score
actually, you CAN open it up and replace the battery... but it ain't easy lol.

If you carry a spare battery you can instead carry a USB charger stick or something.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got banned for 10 days because someone made an elitist post about how the nexus is the greatest phone ever and kept calling iphone users "sheep" and nexus users "pioneers". I told him very nicely that his elitist attitude wasn't going to help anyone and he was being no better then the iPhone users he was so quick to criticise.

Then next login..bam 10 day ban.

gotta love the thought process of fanbois. There is no reasoning with them!

Goonit

Reaction score
Not really sure how you guys are having issues with your phone. Maybe I have them too but I just don't care because I have a fully functioning phone that doesn't crash multiple times a day.

I couldn't imagine going back to anything moto makes just because of the bloat. Not to mention no removable battery on the RAZR.

Coming from an og DROID, I could not be any happier with my purchase. It completely surpasses my expectations in all areas. ICS is different and takes some getting used to, but that's expected since its a major change in the os/ ui (at least I consider it to be)

I think some of you are critiquing this phone way too much. Love it for what it is.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

bmkdroid

Reaction score
I have had pretty good reception and call quality with my Nexus since I got it on release day. I do not use my phone for calls too often so it isn't a big priority of mine. I do a ton of texting and e-mailing though which i have enjoyed on ICS.

I feel like my biggest issues personally are my screen seems more grainy than a few display units I compared to, but I almost feel like I'm looking for problems and my brain is tricking me into thinking that, because my friends can't seem to see it, lol! Also, my back cover seems to be a bit weird. If i put pressure in the middle around the bottom half of the camera at any point, it presses in a bit and makes a vague clicky noise which I assume is just due to a bit of space between the back cover and the inside.

Mercutio

Reaction score
For Rampant,

The problem of displaying contacts without phone numbers is easily fixed by using an alternative dealer, such as Dialer One.

Highly recommended, and a simple fix.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
All you had to do was ask on the forums for a way to sort your contacts... You could have done it yourself via google.com/contacts

Maybe you should make separate groups for phone contacts and email contacts... I highly doubt you need to email/call 1700 people. Your lack of maintenance caused you to return an excellent device for a minor problem. To each his own I guess.

dparm

Reaction score
All you had to do was ask on the forums for a way to sort your contacts... You could have done it yourself via google.com/contacts

Maybe you should make separate groups for phone contacts and email contacts... I highly doubt you need to email/call 1700 people. Your lack of maintenance caused you to return an excellent device for a minor problem. To each his own I guess.

Agreed. Even if you do have to keep in touch with 1700 people, you need to organize that stuff. Having 1700 unorganized contacts feels like the equivalent of placing every file from your computer on the desktop and then complaining how you can't find things.